Need to know how to do 1% battery mod on .906

mxwzhr

Reaction score
I am currently running the recent OTA of .906 on my Droid 3 which deodexed, rooted, and I've removed some bloat. I can decompile and complie .apk's, have messed with the framework-res.apk, etc. What I'm looking for is a "how-to" on the 1% battery mod, can anyone give me a hand? I've searched for hours looking for a step by step to no avail, just find a lot of .zip files, plenty of stuff on ICS which supposedly isn't the same as Ginger, wanna know how to manually do it myself. Anybody know of link or a how to they can direct me too?

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Have to use dolphin or a PC. Minus is weird like that.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have done this on my ROM. Maverick. The screenshots are from when i did it on mav. You have to be deodexed in order to do this mod. I encourage you to try the mod yourself before using someone else's work. Always make sure you get permission to use someone else's work also.

R3D3

Reaction score
I have done this on my ROM. Maverick. The screenshots are from when i did it on mav. You have to be deodexed in order to do this mod. I encourage you to try the mod yourself before using someone else's work. Always make sure you get permission to use someone else's work also.

Well I downloaded a services.odex from http://ar3r3.blogspot.com/ for the previous version of the stock system, and it gave 1% battery increments easily and without deodexing or any other modifications necessary. Was hoping for the same type of thing for this version.

lb2004

Reaction score
I think I need a little help here. I've been at this for about 12 hours and when I go to recompile I get errors in the public.xml file something about not being defined.

OP
M

mxwzhr

Reaction score
Hey Buc, Thanks a million for the how-to, most of the fun is doing it yourself and it's scary as hell when you flash it for the 1st time... again thanks. I am running into one problem that I'm trying to work through. After doing the mod as instructed, a widget that I keep on my home screen, "Batstat," gives me the 1% increments but the battery in my status bar is reading in 5% increments and I'm not really sure where it's coming from, still looking though. Again thanks a million, it's people like you who make these forums a place of learning...

lb2004, you have an entry that looks something like this in your public.xml;

<public type="drawable" name="stat_sys_battery_charge_anim0" id="0x010802ec" />

One of these entries does not have something elsewhere, such as a .png, associated with it. When you receive the error, pay attention to what entry it's giving you the error on then search for it in your public.xml file. If you've copied and pasted, you'll usually find it's an entry that's extra and not needed, I say usually but not all the time. If so you can just erase that line and recompile.

buckmarble

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
lb2004 said:
I think I need a little help here. I've been at this for about 12 hours and when I go to recompile I get errors in the public.xml file something about not being defined.

You need to have entries in strings.XML defining that the images in public.XML are pointing to exist

davros

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
hahaha i got it to work in the reporting of 1% but the status bar icons do not work

annoyed as heck too

D1ck3y

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this with steel droid 5 gingerbread rom? If not how do I install it? My recover is ss3