Need to hide buttons when watching Netflix- Youtube

Soledad

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to hide the onscreen buttons while watching movies- or at least dim them down? They are simply too bright while in a dark room. My co-worker's Moto X will use the entire screen while on youtube and his buttons go away- would like the same to happen with my Maxx.

Thanks, for any help.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how to hide the onscreen buttons while watching movies- or at least dim them down? They are simply too bright while in a dark room. My co-worker's Moto X will use the entire screen while on youtube and his buttons go away- would like the same to happen with my Maxx.

Thanks, for any help.

The Maxx's buttons aren't on screen, so they can't be hidden... they're capicative.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you referring to the ultra maxx? If so, like the nexus devices, the on screen buttons should go away on their own a few seconds into the video.

OP
S

Soledad

Reaction score
Are you referring to the ultra maxx? If so, like the nexus devices, the on screen buttons should go away on their own a few seconds into the video.
I am referring to the Droid Maxx and like jntdroid said the buttons are Capacitive. Moto X must be onscreen and therefore does not have this problem. I would like the buttons to not project any light like they do when the phone is not is use ;)

Sounds like I have to use a program like: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.sleepydragon.capbutnbrightness&hl=en but would have to root the device.

Trky

Reaction score
I have the same complaint with the buttons. They are too bright for me.