Need to do a Warranty exchange, but have

msu

Reaction score
questions! I'm rooted for one. I'm pretty sure I know how to get back to stock using rom manager. (I hope)
I was coming into work today and my speaker just went nuts like a truck driver cb was going through it. I blew it off since I was getting off the interstate. But, then I get into work and hit the volume key and it goes nuts again. I have reconfirmed this like 4 times now.

So, I have backed up everything and just sitting here wondering do I put it back to stock or just take it in and try to get a new one under warranty.

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'd put it back to stock before you take it to verizon lol

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Well that is what I was thinking also, but I did that before and they just gave me a new one, no questions asked. But that is a good idea. Bad thing would be is that once I go back to stock that the issue goes away. I'm liking the idea of getting a new droid since mine got scratched last week. Other than this crazy a$$ sound coming through my speaker when I hit the volume button, it has been running great.

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
What is the best way to go back to stock? rom manager?

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Well I like doing double back up. One with clockwork and then doing a nandroid. Call me paranoid, but it works. Well I have already to the clockwork, but after reflashing sb, it will not do the nandroid back up.

another sad note is that the sound thingy is gone.:icon_evil::mad:

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
Thanks for the info and the link to the clockwork.

I actually have the roms. I just find it hard to believe it has been running fine on UD9.8 for since 9.8 came out and all of the sudden the morning it start flaking out. I have noticed now when I plug in the power cord that is hooked into the pc that my phone just goes into boot loops?????

I hate to say it, but I guess I'm going to reflash it although I was hoping not to since 9.8 has been running great. :mad:

OP
msu

msu

Reaction score
I ended up just reflashing my last backup and so far so good. Thank god for back ups although I was wanting a new droid since I scratched mine, but I will keep the one I have now. Thanks again.