Need to do a complete factory reset

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Support' started by epwn, Feb 20, 2012.

1. epwn

epwn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I've been having trouble with my razr lately and want to do a complete factory reset (all bloatware and system settings added back). How do i go about doing this? I've been having problems with text message notifications and the simple factory reset has not fixed it. All in all, I need to get my phone to what its like exactly when it came out of the box.

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Here's a one-stop shop. This Rootkit will revert your phone back to stock and also includes several other helpful utilities.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/198379-updated-droid-razr-utility-windows.html

3. scottysize

scottysize Active Member

Ratings:
    +141
    I'll ask the dumb question: Are you rooted? If not:

Settings - Privacy - Factory data reset - Check Erase internal storage and check Erase SD card, if you want it exactly like it came out of the box.

4. epwn

epwn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No question is too dumb, i forgot to mention that i did root it. And to foxKat, i will try your method right away and post results. thanks for the replies.

5. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Thanks for the mention, but I can't take credit for the Rootkit. That goes to Matt L Groff. It's a great collection of wonderful tools put into a very nice neat package that makes essentially all operations a one-click process. By doing so, it nearly eliminates all risk in doing the included processes.

Just for everyone's benefit...if you flash the Fastboot .173 from this rootkit, it WILL erase the internal storage, including the internal SD Card and all internal memory, so it is a complete factory reset and puts the phone back to an out-of-box state. If you need to keep ANYTHING on the phone before you flash, you MUST back it up to the SD-EXT (removable SD card) FIRST! I made the mistake of missing that note in his instructions, so you can benefit from my faux pas...

Good luck.

;)

Search tags for this page
droid razr complete reset
droid xt1080 factory reset
full reset
hard reset xt1080
matt groff

matt l groff

want to do a factory reset on my droid razr maxx, will it ha
what happens to the sim card when you do a factory reset droid razr
xt1080 hard reset