Need the DroidForums input! Kindle Fire or Moto Lapdock for Razr?

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
So later this week I will be getting a Razr. (CAN'T WAIT!)

Next week I was planning on getting a Kindle Fire. However, the Moto Lapdock for the Razr is $199 as well. Should I just go with the Lapdock? Should I stick with the original plan to get a Fire? What says the collective wisdom of the forum?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Doesn't the laptop dock just mirror what's on your phone?

If you want two different devices, then obviously the Fire is your answer. If you think you can get the same use out of one device then I would just opt for the laptop dock, comes with a keyboard and nothing can replace that.

Think over of how you'd use either and then decide from there, best advice I got.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't spend money on the laptop dock either, go with the tablet :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
L

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well the Fire is out. I didn't realize it didn't have an SD-Card slot. I have a standing policy of never buying a piece of technology that doesn't allow for expandable memory. There is no reason in today's tech world that a device wouldn't have a memory card slot.

Not saying it is the lapdock for sure, but I am leaning that way.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Well the Fire is out. I didn't realize it didn't have an SD-Card slot. I have a standing policy of never buying a piece of technology that doesn't allow for expandable memory. There is no reason in today's tech world that a device wouldn't have a memory card slot.

Not saying it is the lapdock for sure, but I am leaning that way.

its because it is using Cloud

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I would get the lapdock over the fire. With your phone you have no need of wi-fi. And you can read kindle books on the phone or the lapdock. And the biggest plus is it has a keyboard.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums