Need Someone to Make Me Custom Dock Off This Design

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by want a droid, Feb 8, 2011.

1. want a droid

want a droid Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Definitely sleek looking. That screenshot is obviously the Liberty rom on DX (or D2), but maybe just a custom Launcher Pro dock background and icons? Maybe a custom ADW theme? Here's a couple that are similar:

(I saw this one recently but forget where) click pic for source thread if you wanna investigate
    [​IMG]

Here's another one I was looking at recently, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/117492-theme-wip-kuro-black-yakitori-ss4-96-a.html (download for LP skin available separate from rom)

I don't use Launcher Pro so I don't know if you can move app drawer to the side like your screenshot, but you definitely can in ADW. Also, I know the new ADW ex can change the dock backgrounds too.

4. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I'm all but certain it's either Launcher Pro (Plus?) or ADW EX, but looking at it more, I notice 1st "messages" is a long word and it's not centered like on the middle icon. Maybe asking Kellex or just reading comments on droid life will yield results... here's more pics:

CircleLauncher is Easily the App of the Week - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Thursday Poll: Current Android App Obsession is? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

And where you saw it? Tuesday Poll: Current Custom ROM is? - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

5. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
  6. djakrse

djakrse Active Member

Ratings:
    +12
    As far as different "icons" you'd simply need to modify the dock backgrounds to put whatever words you want on there. It's a neat idea, they just put the words on the background and you have to put transparent "blank" icons on the dock itself to sort of (avoiding quotes) enable them.

I could help with all that if you aren't too savvy with image editing? I use 72x icons for ADW. Would LP use the same I guess? Transparent anyways so no matter if they have to scale I guess. If you need help, what apps do you want on the background?

Edit: transparent icon... trust me, it's there ;)

Attached Files:

7. Leach19m

Leach19m Droid X Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    Tried editing, but ran into a problem

I tried to edit this dockbar by emailing the png to myself then editing it on my pc with paint...but instead of there being blank/transparent space on the top and bottom, it's big white bars. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Edit: Nevermind! I downloaded GIMP and that took care of it for me.

Search tags for this page

dock bar

how to make a dock for android