Need some technical support please.

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by nathan56989, Jul 16, 2011.

1. nathan56989

nathan56989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've asked this before in the PE6 topic, it may have been over looked, so I have to ask again since I'm having some issues that are unacceptable to me.

When I go into PE setting and try to change kernels the phone seems to load it, then rebooted into what looks like recovery (which in PE6 I didn't think the phone was supposed to have to reboot) and then it says about five or six times that no such file or directory was found. Then goes to the main recovery menu. From there I choose reboot. The phone rebooted fine and I go to "about phone" to see if by some chance the kernel changed. Obviously it doesn't. Does anyone have any insight on this?
    For some reason now the only apps that show up in "my apps" in the market are the ones I've purchased. I've tried rebooting, battery pull, hot reboot, and powering off then back on after some time off.
    I'm hoping someone can help me. These are annoying issues to me.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Try wiping market data under settings>apps>manage apps. Then reboot. After reboot try going into market and see if that worked. As far as your kernal issue....try downloading a kernal and puting the kernal on the sdcard and flash off the sdcard. If that still don't work then I suggest wiping and reinstalling rom.

3. cmac93hatch

cmac93hatch Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When you first installed the rom how did you get your apps back on the rom

4. nathan56989

nathan56989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can flash a kernel manually.

I let Google restore my apps. I got the apps back using the method above. They actually just showed back up on their own but I did the above anyways. I've been flashing roms for well over a year, and that's how I've always done it with no issues except this one. But they're back so we are good there. Thanks for your help. I guess I'll be reflashing the rom.

5. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    He said you can change speeds with out restarting not kernels, thats impossible.

6. nathan56989

nathan56989 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    yea i re-read, and seen what it said. my mistake. However thank for your help resolving this issue.