need some simple advice

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I just downloaded the z4 root from the market. After a couple months fretting about rooting I am getting ready to jump. Is there anything I need to do before I root? Then what do I do after the root? Please keep it simple for a stupid.

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Maybe back it up? I am in the same boat waiting for my wife to decide weather or not she wants my D1. I used z1root. It was fast and can be undone by the push of a button. After rooting I installed clockworkmod which I did a backup then. I also has the ability (clockworkmod) to DL and install ROMs. But I am new to this and you should wait for someone else with more experience.

OP
D

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I would love for someone just to tell me do this, this, this and this. I read all these threads and just get more confused because I get so much information in bits and pieces and out of context, then I have to figure our how to put it together. Someone experienced please tell me simply what to do in order to be successful with this Root using the z4root or any other. Then what do I do after its done? Come on help a fellow X user out.

pandabear

Reaction score
I would love for someone just to tell me do this, this, this and this. I read all these threads and just get more confused because I get so much information in bits and pieces and out of context, then I have to figure our how to put it together. Someone experienced please tell me simply what to do in order to be successful with this Root using the z4root or any other. Then what do I do after its done? Come on help a fellow X user out.

I've been rooted for awhile, but I'm gonna be buying another X tonight and will have to start the root process over again on the new one. Once I regain my bearings with the best root method, I'll let you know what I did.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
roots a simple process if ur gonna use the app. dont need to do anything before or after. theres a lot of stuff you can do after, but u didnt ask that :)

OP
D

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I am asking what to do after I root. Thats the most important thing. I want to make sure my phone is safe before I do anything else. Then what do I do to make it perform better? And what kind of cool things can I do? Simple 1,2,3 steps please. Ive read so many threads my brain hurts. Also I want to make sure the information is current and pertains to my X, not D2.

musicman

Reaction score
By using z4root all u need to do is open the app and push the button. Sometimes it wil take a couple tries but all that means is if it locks up do a battery pull and try again.

After rooting get the droid x bootstrap app from the market and do a nandroid backup(there are steps for that in the forum). Next get titanium backup from the market and backup all your apps with it. Now you are ready to experiment:)
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
D

dlbrown75

Reaction score
I was almost ready to root then I learned about the leaked 2.3 update. Should I wait to root until after I get the update from verizon?

musicman

Reaction score
Z4root has a one click unroot as well so I say go for it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

astevens54

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If you have a D1 you won't be getting the 2.3 OTA because it doesn't meet min. req's.