Need some serious help with what to do!!!

woogyboogy

Reaction score
Let me start off by saying I'm currently using a Blackberry 8130 (HORRIBLE/OUTDATED PHONE), and am so ready for an upgrade! But anyways, I've been lurking around the site for a couple months checking out upcoming phones, waiting to get the perfect phone I want, (I know no phone is perfect but still...) I was really set on getting the Nexus One, but once they revealed it was only going to be for T-Mobile I said forget that. Then I waited for the Incredible. My girlfriend got it the day before it came out, not really a huge fan of the sense ui, But I can live with it. I was set on getting that phone until I was aware of the shortage they had, So I didn't feel like waiting a month for the Incredible to ship out, when the Droid X would be coming out shortly after I received the Incredible.

So now that the X is here, I really want it, But after seeing some of the threads on the battery, camera, the difficulty of having the X rooted and other small things like google images not letting you select images, the loudness of the speaker as well as the strength of the vibration, I'm hesitant. I know that MOST of the new phones being released from now on will come with a Front facing camera, which the X does not come with. I do understand that the Front facing camera is not really a big deal at all right now because you either have to have 4g, or wifi. But I believe within a year or so It will be mainstream.

So If I did have the Droid X, I would be left in the dust with no front facing camera. All that being said, I am just curious if another phone will be released sometime within this year, besides the moto Droid 2 (Not interested in the Droid 2). I'm not saying I will not get the X because it doesn't have a front facing camera, I'm just saying, I believe that soon it will be a must have feature on cell phones.

Please let me know what you guys think. Any criticism or help is always encouraged!!!

Last edited:

omnicious

Reaction score
I feel ya man. I've been deliberating between and EVO 4G and a Droid X for almost two weeks now. However if what you're really hung up on is the front camera I'll say this; I see it not being very important for at least another year. Personally I don't think I'm that great looking of a guy to need to show my face in a call. And I figure being on video during a call makes it that much harder to fake paying attention to someone.

You can always sign a one year contract and get a new phone in a year. There should be a Verizon phone with a front facing camera in a year.

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
Yeah, I figure in about a year it may become mainstream like I said, But my issue is being stuck with the X for 2 years and it being so outdated. (But of course thats how technology/electronics is nowadays).

A 1 Year plan is an option, however I don't feel like paying the extra price.(Although I'm not sure what that is...haha). I know its not cheap though.

You do have some valid points in your post, and it is an extremely tough decision to make.

Thanks! I appreciate your help!

JCo352

Reaction score
I feel ya man. I've been deliberating between and EVO 4G and a Droid X for almost two weeks now. However if what you're really hung up on is the front camera I'll say this; I see it not being very important for at least another year. Personally I don't think I'm that great looking of a guy to need to show my face in a call. And I figure being on video during a call makes it that much harder to fake paying attention to someone.

You can always sign a one year contract and get a new phone in a year. There should be a Verizon phone with a front facing camera in a year.

Lol, dude you hit the nail on the head with this one. This is exactly my thoughts.

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
That was one of the valid points I saw as well. It is very true haha!!!

omnicious

Reaction score
Yeah, I figure in about a year it may become mainstream like I said, But my issue is being stuck with the X for 2 years and it being so outdated. (But of course thats how technology/electronics is nowadays).

A 1 Year plan is an option, however I don't feel like paying the extra price.(Although I'm not sure what that is...haha). I know its not cheap though.

You do have some valid points in your post, and it is an extremely tough decision to make.

The difference in price would be between $70 to $90 for the Droid X.

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
$70-$90 is alot cheaper then I had expected. Also I was available to upgrade my phone in March. So I've had my blackberry for about 2 years and 5 months. I'm not to familiar with the NE2, But I've heard you can save $50-$100 with it?

Also I was just searching online, and stumbled upon this site. I know its not brand new and may not be to reliable, but its something to think about.
http://www.androidcentral.com/motorola-front-facing-camera-phones-coming-droid-still-selling

omnicious

Reaction score
$70-$90 is alot cheaper then I had expected. Also I was available to upgrade my phone in March. So I've had my blackberry for about 2 years and 5 months. I'm not to familiar with the NE2, But I've heard you can save $50-$100 with it?

Also I was just searching online, and stumbled upon this site. I know its not brand new and may not be to reliable, but its something to think about.
Motorola: Front-facing camera phones coming, Droid still selling | Android Central
Could you clarify what NE2 is?

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
Wasn't sure if that was sarcasm or not?^^^ Anyways...

NE2 stands for "Next Every Two", meaning NE2 is for the primary line on the account. It gets you an additional discount off of the sales price of a phone after 20 months of your contract have passed.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Check out cereal killer's thread about the Droid Pro. Rumor is that Motorola is coming out w/ 2 ghz phone, w/ front facing camera, by the end of the year. Later posts have suggested that it wont work on LTE, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Regaardless, the Pro looks like it could be a monster!!!

omnicious

Reaction score

Check out cereal killer's thread about the Droid Pro. Rumor is that Motorola is coming out w/ 2 ghz phone, w/ front facing camera, by the end of the year. Later posts have suggested that it wont work on LTE, but that doesn't make much sense to me. Regaardless, the Pro looks like it could be a monster!!!
Great...now the Droid X already seems pointless...

OP
W

woogyboogy

Reaction score
I checked out CerealKillers thread about the "DroidPro" Its quite early to speculate anything, But thats the thing. Why get the Droid X, when this phone could possibly come out in the later months of this year!!! Haha

omnicious

Reaction score
Well I'll need to decide soon otherwise I'll have no cell service between now and whenever that phone comes out. Seriously sometimes I think phones come out too fast.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I checked out CerealKillers thread about the "DroidPro" Its quite early to speculate anything, But thats the thing. Why get the Droid X, when this phone could possibly come out in the later months of this year!!! Haha

it is early to speculate about the exact specs, but there are stories all over the internet quoting Moto CEO Jha as promising a 2 ghz phone before the end of the year. a moto developer is also quoted as saying the phone will have the most features of any phone on the market. that tells me cereal killer is on the right track.

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Well I'll need to decide soon otherwise I'll have no cell service between now and whenever that phone comes out. Seriously sometimes I think phones come out too fast.

tell me about it! i bought my D1 at christmas, just 2 months after it came out. now, it's outdated, and being discontinued... wth?!