Need some phone replacement help please

sownman

Reaction score
To make a long story short I lost my 3 week old Droid Razer Max. It popped off my belt holder while in a cavern and said phone is now resting in the bowels of the earth. Very unexpected and stupid and can't be retrieved. Even if I had a rat trained at cel phone retrieval he couldn't get to it.

My question is now that I confronted with buying at retail price with no contract discount what is the least expensive approach ? I assume there must be some source that is cheaper than buying at Verizon again but maybe not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

wcjeep

Reaction score
Craigslist. Bionic would have near the capability of your Maxx.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Some pop up on Amazon for affordable sometimes, otherwise it's craigslist or ebay. Where I live craigslist might as well not even exist, there's so few listings. There's also swappa.com but I haven't used them before.

wcjeep

Reaction score
I have driven two hours to get a craigslist item. The deal was that good and I needed the item right away. The Rezound is also a good phone. Do you have any kids? Add a line before Thursday. Buy a dumbphone on craigslist. Use new upgrade for a new Maxx with insurance.

We initially gave my 7yr old daughter our old lg voyager. It had problems with family locater - GPS tracking. Bought her a gently used Samsung Intensity for $60.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
craigslist is a good choice and swappa is another great place to buy used phones.

OP
S

sownman

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I really wanted the Razr Maxx so I looked on CL and found a couple from $350 used to $475 supposedly NIB. I was gonna buy that one tomorrow
then went to Verizon store today to find out how much reactivating my DrodX for 2 days then activating the new Maxx would cost. I told them my sob story and asked if there was anything they could do to help out since full retail of $649 was just too much. They sold me a new Maxx for their cost of $400 which was very kind of them. My drop cost me $460 incuding tax. Rotten mistake on my part, and never trust a belt case if you are going someplace away from flat dry land.

Steve

nobreak1970

Reaction score
I am seriously sorry about the fate of your phone. Think of it this way....in 500 years it will be excavated and put in a museum. Valuable artifact. ;)