Need some phone replacement help please

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by sownman, Jun 26, 2012.

1. sownman

sownman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    To make a long story short I lost my 3 week old Droid Razer Max. It popped off my belt holder while in a cavern and said phone is now resting in the bowels of the earth. Very unexpected and stupid and can't be retrieved. Even if I had a rat trained at cel phone retrieval he couldn't get to it.

My question is now that I confronted with buying at retail price with no contract discount what is the least expensive approach ? I assume there must be some source that is cheaper than buying at Verizon again but maybe not. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

2. wcjeep

wcjeep Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Craigslist. Bionic would have near the capability of your Maxx.

3. VooDooCC

VooDooCC Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Some pop up on Amazon for affordable sometimes, otherwise it's craigslist or ebay. Where I live craigslist might as well not even exist, there's so few listings. There's also swappa.com but I haven't used them before.

4. wcjeep

wcjeep Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    I have driven two hours to get a craigslist item. The deal was that good and I needed the item right away. The Rezound is also a good phone. Do you have any kids? Add a line before Thursday. Buy a dumbphone on craigslist. Use new upgrade for a new Maxx with insurance.

We initially gave my 7yr old daughter our old lg voyager. It had problems with family locater - GPS tracking. Bought her a gently used Samsung Intensity for $60.

5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    craigslist is a good choice and swappa is another great place to buy used phones.

6. sownman

sownman New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the suggestions. I really wanted the Razr Maxx so I looked on CL and found a couple from $350 used to $475 supposedly NIB. I was gonna buy that one tomorrow
    then went to Verizon store today to find out how much reactivating my DrodX for 2 days then activating the new Maxx would cost. I told them my sob story and asked if there was anything they could do to help out since full retail of $649 was just too much. They sold me a new Maxx for their cost of $400 which was very kind of them. My drop cost me $460 incuding tax. Rotten mistake on my part, and never trust a belt case if you are going someplace away from flat dry land.

Steve

7. wcjeep

wcjeep Active Member

Ratings:
    +67
    Hard to beat new from Verizon.

8. nobreak1970

nobreak1970 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am seriously sorry about the fate of your phone. Think of it this way....in 500 years it will be excavated and put in a museum. Valuable artifact. ;)