Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Samsung Galaxy S3' started by kr4yzie, Dec 4, 2012.

1. kr4yzie

kr4yzie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I dropped my phone and now I have some damage is there any way of replacing this piece of the phone because it's really bothering me :( and how many other people have the same problem but just deal with it lol

[​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

2. Brian72

Brian72 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Why don't you just put a thin TPU case on there? Won't add much bulk and will prevent further damage. Diztronic makes a good one for $10 on Amazon, and it will likely cover the damaged part.

As for repair, you'd have to contact Samsung unless somebody else here has had the same experience.

Was it dropped? How so and from what height? Just wondering what kind of fall that screen survived.

3. GoCliffGo05

GoCliffGo05 Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +335
    You could send in for repair but god knows how much they would charge for it. I second the case idea, unless its just driving you that crazy ;)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

4. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    I'm sure there is a way to get a replacement part but it'd most likely require you having to take the whole phone apart, which isn't a particularly simple process.

At this point I agree with Brian. I used to use that same case and it's awesome. Keeps the phone from being too slippery, covers the corners, and super thin. Good luck.

Amazon.com: Diztronic Matte Back Dark Blue Flexible TPU Case & Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S III (Sprint, AT&T, T-Mobile, US Cellular, Verizon) [Diztronic Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

5. kr4yzie

kr4yzie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It was on my lap getting out of the car so maybe like 3 feet or so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

6. k1ngr4t

k1ngr4t Senior Member

Ratings:
    +33
    Well if it helps I did that once at about the same height with my Rezound, shattered the screen to the point it didn't work after a few days. So I guess the S3 screen IS stronger than this forum would lead you to believe...

7. jared845

jared845 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    CASE IT NOT WORTH THE REPAIR!!! AS maticulous as i am with my phone i know it would bother me as well.....but