Need some Opinions! Coming from the R2D2

PDAtric

Reaction score
Hey guys,

My R2D2 phone is finally starting to lose its edge and giving me some troubles where it shuts off and wont boot and really just giving me a hard time so I've figured its time to upgrade! I've been reading a lot about this RAZR and RAZR MAXX and starting to lean towards the MAXX. I also have read that the new Galaxy S3 and Droid HD are coming out eventually.

In your personal experience with the RAZR and all your opinions about these phones do you think I should go ahead and upgrade, to the MAXX... Hold off untill the S3 or Droid HD or just go a totally different route completely and get a whole different phone.

Gimmie your opinions if you dont mind! Thanks Community!

-PDAtric

B-RAN

Reaction score
I'd hold off until the HD. It looks VERY nice! Also depends if it releases before VZW makes you switch to a tier data plan.

OP
P

PDAtric

Reaction score
Everything I've read about the tiered data is that it will only apply to new customers... VZW Reps have even given me the guarantee that I'll be grandfathered into the unlimited Data plan I allready have so I hope to hell they arent feeding me lines of bull and I'll be able to keep it. Dont know any more about it other then that.

Have you guys been told different on Tiered Data plans?

Correction!: Upon farther investigation It looks like everyone will be forced into the tiered data plans. But I wont worry about that for this thread!

Keep the Phone Upgrade Opinions coming! Thanks!!!

-PDAtric

pinoy_92

Reaction score
if money is a limiting factor, i would go with the razr maxx; otherwise, wait for the razr hd and make a decision then.

Lars

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I think it depends on how quickly you feel you need to upgrade. The Razr is a great device, but it's 6+ months old at this point, and while still the strongest (IMO) phone currently on the market, once the new line of devices is released and apps are designed for those devices, the Razr will slowly start to feel dated (unfortunate reality of technology). If you can wait, I would. For example, when I upgraded to the Razr, my OG Droid had been on its last legs for a few months, but nothing was worth upgrading to. I was going to get the Bionic, but I wasn't impressed, so I then held out for the Nexus, but decided on the Razr.

Bottom line, there are new phones to be released in the near future, and while the Razr is a great device, I suggest waiting (if you can) to see what is to come.