Need some major help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by navyblink, Nov 27, 2009.

1. navyblink

navyblink New Member

hey guys i bought a droid from this guy and when he sold it he told me the ESN was clean. So the next day when i tried to activate it the esn was still attatched to his verizon account stopping me from activating it under mine. So here I have phone fully functional workiing under this guys number and theirs no way for me to reach him. Is there any I can around this because the guys at verizon are telling me the only way is if the owner of the phone deactivates it under his account
  2. J-Buck

J-Buck New Member

Your phone was stolen sorry...

No one sells phones and "forgets" to deactivate it from their account.

Sell it on ebay for parts but make sure u say "bad esn"

Also u said its "fully functional" as in you can make calls and text? lol yeah definitely stolen!
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2009
  3. New2u

New2u DF Super Moderator

The other thing you can do is call up verizon and ask them if there is anything you can do. Most likely their response will be no. Other then that, as stated, the only thing you can do is sell it with a warning that it has a bad ESN #.

At least verizon would be able to look up the ESN # and tell you if it really was stolen.
  4. navyblink

navyblink New Member

the phone actually wasnt stolen i got the original box and receipt for it and everything
  5. J-Buck

J-Buck New Member

oh. well in that case i dont know whats wrong. did u kno the person and is it their name on the receipt? just call them and ask what's up with it. people can steal receipts though...
  6. gardobus

gardobus New Member

I bought an EnV2 off of a guy who said it was clean, went to activate it and Verizon said that the phone was supposed to be returned to them. However they said the owner had to send it in, not me. After calling the guy 898080 times and Verizon several times, I guess he or VZW closed his account which released the ESN.

Not the same situation as yours though.

Since then I ALWAYS ask for the ESN (to call vzn and make sure its clean) or to meet at a Verizon store when buying a phone from craigslist.
  7. Aixelsyd

Aixelsyd New Member

yea and what makes even less sense is why would someone sell a phone and leave it active on there line/account if they no longer have it. I'd for sure try to get a hold of the person you got it from to ask them to actviate a different device so you can activate the Droid.
  8. Mojo

Mojo New Member

Okay this would be the only way that the guy could have sold this phone with out it being "stolen"
    (A) He bought the phone out right at full retail and sold it to you (that would not make since though if he did not charge you at least what he paid for it)

(B) He bought the phone and plans on canceling it out after 30 days and keeping the device to sell.... problem is with this option the Droid has not been out for 30 days yet. And if he cancels it before 30 days the device will need to be returned to the store. Thus making it un usable for you to use.

Either way you slice it he is doing something shady....
  9. bikerboy

bikerboy New Member

Use it with PagePlus :p they don't care if u have a bad ESN as long as it's verison phone ;)
  10. serenitymom419

serenitymom419 New Member

now i have a phone with a bad esn number and its from verizon but i was told i cant get it switched to page plus becuz of the bad esn...