Need some input & opinions

Squeak87

Reaction score
So I've had my RAZR Maxx for almost 6 months now and I simply love it. A family member has an upgrade but will be new to smartphones so she wants to use her upgrade on whatever phone I want in exchange for my Maxx. What phones would you all reccomend if you were coming from a RAZR Maxx? Is the RAZR Maxx HD really any better?

(Droid Razr Maxx <<ICS .215>>)

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
IMHO, the fact that you have a Droid RAZR MAXX and given the fact that you "simply love it", I would say you might be disappointed with the battery life of other phones on the market currently. Also, if you love it, then the form factor feels good to you, you're happy with the GUI and don't seem to be burdened by the Bloatware (Motoblur), so again, why mess with success. Finally, the upgrade to the RAZR MAXX HD is not a HUGE upgrade, but it is a strong one and brings healthy improvements that will likely make you even happier.

The MAXX HD is the next phone slated for me, once I have some spare cash. I have an upgrade available on my family plan with my son's line so I can "steal" his upgrade by upgrading him to the MAXX HD, then handing down my MAXX to my wife and swapping my wife's RAZR to him. All will be happy that way!

Good luck! :biggrin:

gxyS3_918

Reaction score
I love my galaxy s3. But the few big reason i wish i had a razr maxx hd is cuz the build quality, Barry life, and Motorola has superior antennas. My friend has it and I'm jealous.

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
As a Razr Maxx user who recently went to the s3 for 3 weeks, I can tell you that the battery life is nowhere near close, at least for me. I was still able to get through a full day, but I didn't have the guarantee of extra life like the Maxx gives. I also wasn't able to deal with the lack of signal that I experience. It was consistently at least 1 bar less than on the Motorola. The camera and screen go beyond whatever Motorola give, so I do miss that, but first and foremost, it is a phone.