Need some input here...

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the opportunity to switch out my Bionic for the RAZR or the Galaxy Nexus.

I need some opinions so I made a poll.

Keep Bionic
Get Razr
Get Galaxy

My instinct is to get the RAZR but I need input.

Thanks,

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would wait until I could play around with the Nexus and RAZR.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Besides the screen I don't see the Razr as being much of an upgrade - the Nexus on the other hand is going to be another D1 in the community of phones, a game changer :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
so question.....how did you come upon the opportunity to swap your Bionic for the Razr/Nexus?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well,

I like the form factor and features of the RAZR I think it will be one of the top phones for long time. However the battery life and possibility of a freeze are questions.

The Galaxy Nexus has ICS but no Gorilla Glass and I am not terribly impressed with some of it's hardware. However many people think it's great.

I have to wait until they are out to make a switch so I want to get some input.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Well,

I like the form factor and features of the RAZR I think it will be one of the top phones for long time. However the battery life and possibility of a freeze are questions.

The Galaxy Nexus has ICS but no Gorilla Glass and I am not terribly impressed with some of it's hardware. However many people think it's great.

I have to wait until they are out to make a switch so I want to get some input.

On the GNex, what hardware are you worried about?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
On the nexus its got a plastic back, a reportedly bad radio because it's samsung no removable storage no gorilla glass.

The advantages are nfc, ics, bigger screen, removable battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I find it fairly amusing you voted in your own poll for the RAZR. Seems kind of....self-defeating, doesn't it?

Anyways I'd stick with the Bionic or get the Nexus. Not a huge fan of either of them tbh, I love gorilla glass, my SD card, and being able to swap batteries/use an extended. But, to each his own....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I guess it would be best to wait and read up on reviews and then go check the phones out in person. Easier said than done!

tcayton49

Reaction score
Are you kidding? Please tell me you're kidding. Yet ANOTHER Bionic vs Razr thread? C'mon, this is a few steps beyond ridiculous. This is really turning this site into a joke. I'm wondering why the mods and admins keep allowing these thread to stay open.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is not another Bionic vs nexus thread. I am trading in the Bionic for the razr or nexus.

I want to choose correctly.

GoBears

Reaction score
If we choose incorrectly, do we stand the chance of getting sued? I vote you get whatever damn phone pleases you and leave this site for actual discussion of the Bionic.

GoBears

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is not another Bionic vs nexus thread. I am trading in the Bionic for the razr or nexus.

I want to choose correctly.

As said before, we don't know enough about you to make a valid decision for you. We don't know what you want out of a phone. Do you prefer form follows function or function follows form?
Of the 3 choices only one is available to use and the other two aren't so we can't suggest based on real life experience.

I own a Prius and though I like it, I know not everybody will. Back in 2005 I saw posts on a Prius forum about people who bought the car WITHOUT A TEST DRIVE and complained about the seats. They were bigger and fatter than me and I can see why they complained. It doesn't make the car bad, it just wasn't right for them.

Just out of curiosity, if everyone voted for you to keep the Bionic, would you? This is a great group, but I'm not going to let complete strangers decide for me what phone to buy. I don't even accept suggestions about apps without checking to see if it meets my needs.

Last edited: