Need some helped, not bricked but close.

C

cdokk13

I've been trying to update to android 2.3.3 (Gingerbread) on my Droid X, unfortunately, I was somewhat successful. I was running GummyJar 2.5 android 2.2.1, so I flashed the vzw 2.2.1 2.3.4.0 sbf file. This process went well, so I downloaded the gingerbread update from team black hat onto my phone and renamed it update zip. My bootstrap was no longer working because I was no longer rooted, so I just booted up into the standard recovery and hit "update from update.zip". This was probably where I went wrong, I should have rerooted and installed droid2 bootstrapper I think. Anyway, my phone booted up in Gingerbread, but with some serious problems. The phone freezes up if I try to do anything inside of apps (and I can only open some), I can't get into standard recovery anymore (It shows the triangle/exclamation but does nothing when I press the search button), and most importantly the phone crashes if I try to change the USB debugging mode to PC mode so I can flash back to android 2.2.1 and try again (or not!). I'm still not rooted so I can't bootstrap or clockwork the recovery, and I can't reroot because I'm in Gingerbread already and Z4 won't work. Please help, I'm afraid I've damned my phone to limbo.

OP
C

cdokk13

Update:

It got better and then worse: Suddenly everything started working again, so I flashed back to 2.2.1, and started again, this time using the method at this link http://www.droidforums.net/forum/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=1476161 (flashing in three parts). That went great, but then I flashed the De-Odexed version and then a fix (also on that page) with CRT and a better battery display. I then hit reboot system now, and my phone booted up but immediately came up with "Voice command process broken" and a bunch of other notifications that my google apps were broken, every time I closed one, a new one would appear telling me that the same app was broken (I guess everytime I closed the window it tried to run the application again). Anyway, I was a little worried so I pulled the battery and did a factory reset in Stock Bootloader, now my phone bootloops. It can't boot all the way, I can't get into bootstraps recovery and access my nandroid backups, and I can't get into transfer mode or whatever it is and make RSD Lite see my phone. Gaaahhh. Please help. Today is not my day.

pwiggs

Reaction score
I'm having this issue and I'm still stuck. I've tried everything I can think of and its not working. Same with the hard reset for me. How did you get this to start working?