Need some help...

kj29078

Reaction score
I downloaded the leaked gingerbread off droid-life.com the other day and then i used gingerbreak to root it......now i cant figure out how to unroot it and go back to 2.2 because i am about to get rid of the phone and get a new 4g device.....Can someone help, I would appreciate it.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you did a back up you can simply flash that because that will contain the original OS. Then get a copy of z4Root and install that if you haven't already, then select unroot.

If you don't have a back up then you will need to sbf to stock I'm sorry, I can't assist you with that but there are others that can.

OP
K

kj29078

Reaction score
Yeah I thought that was going to be the answer.....thank you for the help.....which phone do you think is going to be the next best one within the next month?

BodyBagz

Reaction score
Unless it has changed, and its possible it has, as far as i know you will need to SBF back from GingerBread back to Froyo as the Kernel actually changed between the 2 versions...thus not allowing you to "flash" a Froyo back-up...

Anyone else feel free to correct me if I am wrong. This is not taking into account the possibility of using the TBH Monster Zip or Maderstck zip file to go back to Froyo from GB...