1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need some help...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nsteger123, Dec 4, 2010.

1. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

Alright, so I am pretty good with computers. I am 13, and am looking to develop an app. Shouldn't be too hard, but I just need to know where to start.
    So here is part of my idea, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
    I would like to have a transparent, status bar sized bar under the status bar. But only when you have a missed call/email/text/etc..
    So like if I have a missed call, under the status bar a red transparent bar will appear under the status bar. It should overlap anything under it, and will state a missed call/email/text/etc...
    Is that possible?
    I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, just point me in the right direction. I'm not a programmer, but I can/will learn. Any help would be nice..
    I guess it would have to be more of like one of those home replacements, but not? Like a home helper for Widgetlocker, and those types of things.

Wow, that was a lot to type on my phone ;)
    I may also might make a mockup later. So you can understand itn easier. What's a good way to start learning to develop for android? I tried before, but just coudlnt really grasp everything.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

[​IMG]
    You would be able to pick text color, and maybe the bar color. I really want to do this, and no one steal my idea :icon_evil:
  2. nsteger123

nsteger123 New Member

Bump, please help?
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz New Member

Hey I just wanted to stop in and give a welcome. Please don't think the community is ignoring you.there are plenty of developers in the community. Sure wish you luck. Hope a developer can stop in for you

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App