Need some help...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by nsteger123, Dec 4, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. nsteger123

nsteger123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Alright, so I am pretty good with computers. I am 13, and am looking to develop an app. Shouldn't be too hard, but I just need to know where to start.
    So here is part of my idea, maybe someone could point me in the right direction.
    I would like to have a transparent, status bar sized bar under the status bar. But only when you have a missed call/email/text/etc..
    So like if I have a missed call, under the status bar a red transparent bar will appear under the status bar. It should overlap anything under it, and will state a missed call/email/text/etc...
    Is that possible?
    I'm not asking for someone to do it for me, just point me in the right direction. I'm not a programmer, but I can/will learn. Any help would be nice..
    I guess it would have to be more of like one of those home replacements, but not? Like a home helper for Widgetlocker, and those types of things.

Wow, that was a lot to type on my phone ;)
    I may also might make a mockup later. So you can understand itn easier. What's a good way to start learning to develop for android? I tried before, but just coudlnt really grasp everything.
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

[​IMG]
    You would be able to pick text color, and maybe the bar color. I really want to do this, and no one steal my idea :icon_evil:
  2. nsteger123

nsteger123 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bump, please help?
  3. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hey I just wanted to stop in and give a welcome. Please don't think the community is ignoring you.there are plenty of developers in the community. Sure wish you luck. Hope a developer can stop in for you

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App