need some help with rsd lite and a question about my the status of my droid to root

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kdwag1, Apr 29, 2010.

1. kdwag1

kdwag1 New Member

Any tips on why rsd lite doesn't show that my phone is connected even though i powered my droid down and pressed up and power and shows just like in video.
    Also I am trying to see if there is anything i can do to run custom roms, Originally i rooted at 2.0.1 and then updated to the ota 2.1, my superuser icon is still there. I am i still rooted? what are my options as far as get rooted again and running rom and overclocking? Also I am considered a newbie, just some help and advice would be good considing where my droid is currently at.
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

When you updated to the 2.1 OTA you do lose root, even though the icon is still there. Kinda funny, because you will need root to remove it from your application drawer.

What you need to do is figure out why RSDLite is being a pain. Because you have multiple options on how to obtain root, all of which involve flashing an .sbf with RSDLite. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-faqs/39254-sbf-root-unroot.html <-- go there and look that over. Your best bet would be to flash the SPRecovery.sbf then install a ROM using SPRecovery, like you probably did before.

I am far from an expert on RSDLite. Maybe someone else can chime in on something else to try for your issues with it.
  3. tc122701

tc122701 New Member

all i wnat to do is theme my droid. I am looking at the spf thing, if I just do the recovery can I theme my droid?
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Yes, you will have to root it afterwards though too. The link I linked above, shows how to root ESE81 after installing SPRecovery as well. You will then have to make sure whatever theme you are going to try and use works for your particular setup (stock ESE81).

You may also need to install busybox if your theme is a metamorph theme. Although that isn't a tough task.
  5. tc122701

tc122701 New Member

I am following the thread sbf to root back to stock, have all the files downloaded just a lil nervous about pulling he trigger. as my darling wife told me if I mess my droid up I have to go back to my Boulder. But I really like the look of some of the themes on here.
  6. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

7. kdwag1

kdwag1 New Member

Thanks for the help

I got it finally, I had to download the 64 bit drivers and then it saw my droid. also i tried smoke 4.1v and didn't like it was annoying the home key never worked but does anyone have any input on some good roms?
  8. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Any up to date ROMs. Latest CyanogenMOD, Team Chaos, jRummy's, Simply Stunning, UD 10; those are all I have tried so far. All I have as a backup for the times I need to restore/recover from some major error I caused. But any recent, up to date ROMs should be good.

I do have some ROMs not up to date as backups too. BB is one, UD 9.8 is one. But the 'repeating 2.1 OTA update' issue has me staying on recent ROMs only.
    Last edited: May 1, 2010
  9. christim

christim DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad

The drivers help:)
    If you want smoked glass go with the latest version...link 2 in my signature.
  10. brando56894

brando56894 New Member

I always liked the theme in Ultimate Droid, but that's a hot topic around here :lol: jRummy's blue and cyan themes for cyanogenmod are nice but they only work for CM
Search tags for this page

rsd status forum