Need some help please

CrossBoX

Reaction score
HEy guys and girls i have the ota update 2.1 can some one point to a link on how to overclock my 2.1 thanks for your help been away for awhile and there is so much going on ...lol i did a search and alot came up but not waht i think i needed:):):)

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
you can not o/c the official ota 2.1 you must be rooted

Reaction score
I am a little disappointed with the responses this post received. A rescue squad member and a moderator and neither asked the obvious question. Do you want to root so you can overclock? It is an individual decision and one that cannot be promoted by anyone connected with this forum for legal reasons, or so I would guess. If you choose to root the tools are available within the posts. Once root is obtained there are several apps on the Android Market that will assist you in overclocking. If you decide to root and overclock BE CAREFUL!!

Reaction score
I am a little disappointed with the responses this post received. A rescue squad member and a moderator and neither asked the obvious question. Do you want to root so you can overclock? It is an individual decision and one that cannot be promoted by anyone connected with this forum for legal reasons, or so I would guess. If you choose to root the tools are available within the posts. Once root is obtained there are several apps on the Android Market that will assist you in overclocking. If you decide to root and overclock BE CAREFUL!!

You sound smart. I give you credit for being observant.

<3 Droid Lion.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I'm disappointed that you said little more than the others. Yes he needs to root to OC. If he needs help with that he can ask in the hacks section. Questions for root issues are answered quicker there than up here.

OP, if you do choose to root don't hesitate to ask. There are plenty of guides and walk throughs as well.
Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I don't want to get into a pissing contest with you j, but you just said practically the same thing I did. I gave non-specific direction for a reason. My disappointment stemmed from the lack of help beyond telling the OP he needed root. Now, after my very gentle admonishment of the responding posters I get your post. I think your disappointment is unfounded. I gave the OP direction to obtaining root and overclocking without also giving influence one way or the other, and at the same time provided disclaimer.

Edit: OP - Look in jstaffords sig - the green text at the bottom for the help you are seeking. It's all right there.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Eh its all good. Its just I know PC747 pretty well and sometimes he short in posts for a reason. Gotta back your friends up.
No harm no foul we're all here to help.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Eh its all good. Its just I know PC747 pretty well and sometimes he short in posts for a reason. Gotta back your friends up.
No harm no foul we're all here to help.

Thank you, j. Yes, we are all here to help. The answer to the OP's request for help is in your signature. A stock 2.1 with root link, or a link to rooting and un-rooting help, either one supplies the solution.

OP
CrossBoX

CrossBoX

Reaction score
One more quick question , when i place the update.zip file in root its not in any folder its in root and try to apply it, it says no such file on sd card but its in root??