need some help...i'm done with verizon...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by xpsychox, Sep 23, 2011.

1. xpsychox

xpsychox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been threw phone after phone with verizon... i'm done and tired of messing with them... I want to take my droid 3 to sprint, and put it on there network.. i need to find the firmware for there netowrk... if someone will kindly help me.. and point me in the right direction...i'd greatly appricate it.

2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    I am not sure that is possible. The ESN needs to be in Sprint's database in order for the phone to be operational on their network I believe (much like on Verizon). So only Sprint devices work on Sprint, and only Verizon devices work on Verizon. At least this is my understanding of it, and in order to do what you would probably need to do to get a Verizon phone onto Sprint, would probably not be allowed to discuss on these forums anyhow.

I am not too sure about the "global" portion of the phone, perhaps there is a way to unlock that to work with other carriers, but I haven't read around on that portion. This wouldn't matter for Sprint, as Sprint is CDMA, but depending on what frequencies the global portion of the phone uses it could be usable with something like T-Mobile.

You could also flash the phone to another CDMA network, MetroPCS for example. There have been folks that have flashed various devices on these forums to different carriers. Not sure if it is possible with all devices, or only certain ones.

3. louy99

louy99 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sell your phone on eBay and use the money to buy out of contract. Then go to sprint

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

4. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +604
    Not trying to sound smart, but have you called sprint and asked them? Because I'm with cupfulloflol on this, I don't think it's possible.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

5. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    This is not possible.

The carriers are both CDMA but use different frequencies.

You could try going to METROPCS. Pretty sure they use Verizon's towers.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.

6. xpsychox

xpsychox New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I talked to one of the techs in my local store...he siad as is...no...but if I can find the sprints firmware and flash my phone with it..yes....that's y I, looking..

7. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +25
    What exactly has Verizon done for you to leave? Have you been through phone after phone due to bugs or defects? If so how is that Verizon's fault and not the manufacturers? Just seems like a downgrade and a big one at that to go from Verizon to Sprint. At least it would be for me as Sprint has terrible coverage where I am.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums