Need some help guys.

SCDroid

Reaction score
Just bought my friends stock Droid X and i'm coming from a droid 1 that ive had since launch last november. Rooted it in Dec and been flashing ever since. I've very comfortable hacking on the OG Droid but I gotta say i'm not feeling too confident on getting started on the Droid X. What is ya'll advice to get started. I want to Root, Overclock and flash a ROM (probably Rubix Focused). If i go with Focused should i download the app No Lock to stop the random reboots?

What does it mean that the Bootloader is locked. OG Droid didn't have a locked bootloader, correct?

Also should i flash the leak or not?

Sorry if these are dumb questions, but i'm just slightly confused.

TIA

jonwgee

Reaction score
z4root from the market to root, koush's droidX bootstrap recovery from the market, and rubix focused 1.8.9 would be a fine way to go. Apex 1.0.2 would be good also, seems a litlle more stable

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Steady Hawkin

Fueling The Revolution
Developer
Reaction score
Don't forget ROM Manager, and bootstrap (as mentioned prior). I personally prefer the APEX rom. Yes the bootloader is locked, so just follow all instructions to the "T". As always make sure you have at least one stable nandroid. As for the leak, everyone has there own opinion, I personally like it.

- Just my $0.02.