Need some help from you X users

chaz.ring

Reaction score
My buddy has the X and I have the DINC. We both love our phones but with mine I use the Free Mobile Hotspot trick by using the ##778 and removing the dun from the M.IP default profile. With this method the phone does NOT need to be rooted....

Is there something like this available for the X?? My buddy would be very happy to have this feature.

I already have used the search function with no results other than having to root.

mob87

Reaction score
You have to be rooted and can use wireless tether from the market or Google. It might not work tho.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
wireless tether works fine if ur rooted...

rooting is very, check out ROOTED in my sig to see how...

liferefugee

Reaction score
With wireless tether you don't have infrastructure wireless but that's the only drawback at the moment. From what it sounds like you have free hot spot with infrastructure mode.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
chaz.ring

chaz.ring

Reaction score
alrighty then....... so no go without rooting the phone. He does not want to root his phone so I guess he's out of luck without paying for it.

Thanks guys.:)

OP
chaz.ring

chaz.ring

Reaction score
With wireless tether you don't have infrastructure wireless but that's the only drawback at the moment. From what it sounds like you have free hot spot with infrastructure mode.

I'm not sure what you mean....but I like it on my DINC.

liferefugee

Reaction score
Wireless is either adhoc or infrastructure mode. Corporate computers can not use the adhoc.