Need some help! coding/theming..

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bill12690, May 26, 2010.

1. bill12690

bill12690 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, I just downloaded Launcher Pro beta and i really like it. My only thing I don't like about it is the shortcut icons.. I'd really prefer them to be colored. No biggie, I was just going to copy the apk over to my computer and use Photoshop to edit some images. Well, afterwards I noticed.. my current setup has Phone, Messages, Gallery, Browser as the shortcuts, but Launcher Pro has Phone, Contacts, Messages, Browser.

I really see no point in having Phone and Contacts as shortcuts, theyre essentially the same thing.. so, is there any way I can change the target APK of the 2nd shortcut to be messages, and the 3rd to gallery? I'm a noob as far as any coding, but with a little insight I think i could pull it off.

Thanks for any info. Attached is my current shortcut setup using Helix..

2. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From some other posts I have read, the developer for LunacherPro is working on more customizations for the static launcher. I would hang in there for a future release unless your into theming in general, and if that is the case, theme away :D

3. bill12690

bill12690 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol im kinda into theming, but i really just dont like the white icons that come with it.. but i absolutely love launcherpro, in the 2 minutes i've actually used it. My only problem is I'm too impatient to wait, and im pretty bored, lol

edit: after reading more on launcherpro.com, it says way back in version v0.1.2 that customizable shortcuts were added. maybe I'm missing something, but I see no what to customize these whatsoever.

#3 bill12690, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  4. bill12690

bill12690 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've looked through probably every single XML file in the apk, and can find nothing that links to phone.apk, contacts.apk, or anything like that. i could be taking the complete wrong approach to this, like I said I'm a noob when it comes to any kind of coding.

edit: updating some stuff on my computer right now, i think i'm getting to the point of properly decoding/decompiling the xml file so its readable. I'm just not sure for one if this is going to work, or two if it does, how to re-compile it. I'm literally learning as I go, lol

edit edit:
    I've been using AXMLPrinter to decompile a bunch of the XMLs, haven't found anything that looks obvious to me yet. Most of this still seems pretty foreign, lol. I'm not really sure what XML to look in, or if its even located in one for sure.

And another edit:
    I've found the information I need in the correct XML, now I'm just not able to re-compile it correctly. I read somewhere root explorer would do it, but that didn't work..

#4 bill12690, May 26, 2010
    Last edited: May 26, 2010