need some help! 2nd day with Droid and already issues.

djh074

Reaction score
ok guys, i hope someone can help me figure this issue out. I was making a call today when the droid went dead. tried to restart, but it is stuck in boot cycle. Pulled battery, but no help. still does same thing. on the screen it shows the "droid" startup animation then the red eye animation thingy, then vibrates and starts cycle over again. green light is also blinking during all of this. recently added a new app that could be the problem. but i dont know how to remove it since i cant access phone. help me please! dont want to go back to the Storm.

edit: found a post on how to boot to safe mode- but it wont let me do that either.

edit2: so i got into recovery menu and did a wipe. all works fine now! dont know what the issue was, but at least my droid is alive.

Last edited:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I would boot into safe mode and delete the "bad" app before just packing it in and returning it.

Power off and open keyboard
Hold the menu key down on the keyboard and power back on.
Continue to hold until the Droid eye comes up and you feel the vibration
Phone should start up and say "Safe Mode" in bottom left corner.

Lastly after you come out of safe mode some widgets MAY NOT load properly just drag them into trash and put them back up on the homescreen

*edit: nevermind I see you fixed it : ) *

crspang

Reaction score
Do you know what app may have caused your issue? Maybe it could help others from having trouble.
Thanks

OP
djh074

djh074

Reaction score
thx for the reply. unfortunately, it wouldnt let me go to "safe mode". dont know why. it did let me in the other menu so i could wipe. what a hassle. could have been worse though. at least with the google sync, everything came right back, and fast too. not going to hold this 1 against my droid. think it was just a bad app. thx for the help.

I would boot into safe mode and delete the "bad" app before just packing it in and returning it.

Power off and open keyboard
Hold the menu key down on the keyboard and power back on.
Continue to hold until the Droid eye comes up and you feel the vibration
Phone should start up and say "Safe Mode" in bottom left corner.

Lastly after you come out of safe mode some widgets MAY NOT load properly just drag them into trash and put them back up on the homescreen

*edit: nevermind I see you fixed it : ) *

OP
djh074

djh074

Reaction score
PROFILES by "egg 'n stone"
they do mention there might be problems with Droid, but i though like limited functionality or something not total crash. and i dont know for sure that that program was the problem. just be warned!
Do you know what app may have caused your issue? Maybe it could help others from having trouble.
Thanks

wil318466

Reaction score
Anyone have any opinion on this?

I'm leaning towards the applications causing these issues. The Android OS seems good, it seems the only time I have any real issues its almost always app related.

Maybe the app designers are causing issues and they are unaware. Hm..

-Wil

chikid

Reaction score
Do you know how to perform a factory reset of the device? If so, I would attempt to do this. Verizon is generally very good with customer service and that's my main reason for leaving Sprint. Make it clear that you have been having trouble with the device. They will reset the phone in the store for you and your information contacts, calendar, etc are stored in your google account also your complete list of downloaded programs is stored within the Android market. Of course you already know this but read application reviews if the app isn't getting at least 3 well I prefer 4 stars I would not bother with it. Also keep in mind that you have 24hrs for a full refund on apps.