Need some droid x rom help!

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
Can someone help me out I never downloaded a rom before and id like to...what's the best roms? Ultimatedroid? And where can I get them???

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

maderschramm

Reaction score
There is no 'best rom'. Its all about what you want. Try apex to start id say. Ultimayedroid has no usb support

OP
J

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
Apex has diff versions right? Which one? And when I download new rims I need to delete old ones right? I appreciate ur help

maderschramm

Reaction score
download the most current version. check the rom developer's page. and no, you don't need to delete older versions, just make sure you know which file you need to update with.

OP
J

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
Thanks for the help man...apex is gingerbread right?

OP
J

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
Oh and one more thing, what's the whole wipe data and cache option when's that necessary

Es0ter1c

Reaction score

I believe 'gingerbread' includes some blur just like froyo does, so it would depend on what specific version of apex you use, I've only experimented with rubiX and plan to try out darkslide tomorrow when I get home from work, so I can't say either way.

Wiping your data/cache is basically clearing your phone's short term memory. Messages, settings, etc. In MANY cases it is required when flashing to a ROM, and I believe its necessary when you change from one ROM to another, on top of the fact that its a nice way to ensure that you clear things out properly for the new system to sit on. You access it from your bootstrapper/other recovery console.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe its just GB themed. Gingerbread hasn't dropped or been leaked that I've seen.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
J

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
I really want a new rom off my Rom Manager app I watched youtube videos and looking at the roms I feel like they really aren't much different from the stock rom, maybe a different bootup screen a different color here and there...is that the case? The only one that looked different was ultimatedroid that one was nice...and is getting a new rom as easy as downloading it or is there other steps after that? Im tryin to learn lol

joker402

Reaction score
Ok there is no best rom but Id recommened the new ApeX. It is themed to look like gingerbread and so far everything works on it.

You can download it from rom manager but just make sure your Droid x has the newest OTA and is rooted. You will also need koushes bootstrap app because rom manager wont boot you into recovery.

I highly recommed that you wipe data and cache before you flash the rom to avoid any problems.

Export you numbers to your SD or make sure its synced to Google.
Use Titiaium or Astro to back up your apps.
Use SMS back up if you want to back up your text.

OP
J

Jae Hokes

Reaction score
You gave me great advice thank you but I don't know how to flash it, save things to SD card or use a bootstrap, I really want to try diff roms im just not as good as you guys I guess im a noob to android the droid x is my first android phone I don't wanna brick it lol