Need Some Advice

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by PARick, Feb 28, 2011.

1. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I really love this ROM.....but.... My Touchdown does not act like it should. If I hit reply, it does nothing. I have to exit out and exit back in. If I lock it into memory, I can't reply at all. My clock sporatically works, and the weather is always off. Besides that.....:), I do really like everything else. the Touchdown is a deal breaker as I need to be accessible via email 24/7. I have never used 4.2. Do you all recommend I go back until the Gingerbread issues get worked out? If I thought it would be soon I would wait.

2. mikedav1

mikedav1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sorry to hear that. Mine works pretty good. The only issue is it takes about 5-6 seconds to delete a message. I am using exchange server, active sync only. if you are using active sync, maybe try to refresh it, or just reinstall.

3. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Are you running touchdown off sdcard, or did you restore the app via tibu? If so uninstall it and reinstall it from the market and see if that works. Then restore data from tibu only. But it could be GB acting up again. The latest fix to 5.0.2 has fixed some issues for me though.

4.2 is a great Rom. Stable, Smooth, etc. One of the best IMO. I also like 5 and I assume the devs are working on even more bug fixes.

4. xkape

xkape Premium Member
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +37
    4.2 is as about a complete, stable, fast, fully funtional froyo ROM that you can find. I'm still trying to convince myself to even install 5.0 because i like 4.2 so much.

5. PARick

PARick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, restoring 4.2 now. I hate it because I really like the Rom. If not for the Touchdown issue, I would not have changed. My email is paramount though!

6. dan.dar

dan.dar Member

Ratings:
    +10
    4.2 is the best Froyo ROM I've tried. I've tried 5.0.1 and went back to 4.2 Other than a better implementation of copy and paste I couldn't find a single reason to keep 5 over 4.2

I'll try GB ROM again once Motorola release a build so that developers can fix the 3G after phonecall issue and the camcorder stuttering issue. Hopefully by then slayher will have a GB compatible kernel and then it will be time for an upgrade. As far as I'm concerned current Droid Gingerbread builds are all beta releases.

Search tags for this page

droid 4 touchdown tips

nook color cm7 sd card exchange account