Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip

Download that again, rename it update unless you get a warning about changing file extensions, in which case you should name it update.zip. Transfer it to the root of your SD card, attempt to install it. If you still get an error there's something funny going on. I'm suggesting downloading that one again because more often than not a corrupted download is the cause of errors. Make absolutely sure you have it named update.zip. A test you can use is to install Astro from the market and navigate to the root of the SD card. If you see it listed as anything but update you need to correct it.

Good luck! :)

OP
D

davidjacobmorrison

Reaction score
http://android.clients.google.com/packages/ota/verizon_voles/a5e329b00288.signed-voles-ota-50454.zip

Download that again, rename it update unless you get a warning about changing file extensions, in which case you should name it update.zip. Transfer it to the root of your SD card, attempt to install it. If you still get an error there's something funny going on. I'm suggesting downloading that one again because more often than not a corrupted download is the cause of errors. Make absolutely sure you have it named update.zip. A test you can use is to install Astro from the market and navigate to the root of the SD card. If you see it listed as anything but update you need to correct it.

Good luck! :)

Thanks! It worked! Now just for clarification and confirmation how do I know I'm unrooted?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you don't have the superuser app ur unrooted

Sent from my phone... which happens to be a Droid X

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Easiest method I know of is to either test one of the root-only apps to see if they work or, for final and ultimate verification, open a terminal emulator and type su -- if you get a $ prompt you're not rooted and if you get a # prompt you're still rooted.

Installing that update breaks root, however, so I wouldn't worry. Still, if you have to be absolutely sure, give that a try. Glad you got it working!