1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need Serious Help! Emergency!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sredman27, Jul 23, 2010.

1. sredman27

sredman27 New Member

Here's the story:

I had a rooted 2.2 D1 running CM6 and I wanted to add a custom theme. I tried to install the theme using ROM Manager and Metamorph with no success. When I tried to boot into SPRecovery, the phone didn't take. So, I thought that I had to re-flash SPRecovery to the phone and took the necessary steps. This is when things went bad. The phone now locks up at the "unlock" screen, it says that everything on the phone must force close. I can boot into recovery mode and have tried clearing caches and all memory with no success. I would try to flash the rom again, but the "update.zip" file on the SD card is now the theme that I wanted to install and the SD card is in accessible unless it is mounted from the Droid. I'm pretty sure I made a backup sumwhere, but I think I did it using ROM Manager. If there is no backup, what is the next step? Can I start completely over with my D1 or do I count it as a lose, man-up and tell my parents I ruined my phone? Does anyone have any suggestions on what my next steps should be? Thanks
  2. cromo8

cromo8 New Member

no need for a second thread, ive been trying to help you on the other one