Need sd card help!!!!!

slicnick321

Reaction score
ok so i had a replacement moto droid sent to my house today, i took the battery and sdcard from old phone and put into new one. once activated the phone wont read the sdcard being in there. wont even let me mount or unmount. tried battery pulls and hard reset already. someone have any new ideas????

jacobrv

Reaction score
If you have a way, I would try putting the microSD in a computer, backing up all the data, and formatting it. Then trying again. If you don't have the proper adapters/readers then sorry, idk. It could be a faulty phone, but I would hope not.

alann9

Reaction score
Just my own personal experience, but I question if you installed the SD Card properly. I'm reasonably tech savvy and I pulled my SD card and put it in my new phone and the same thing happen, apps grayed out (because the portion on the SD card is not found, though the app is found on the memory card on the phone), no SD data. It turned out I'd installed it just a little off the pins. Test the card using a PC adapter (USB or SD adapter, both available from Radio Shack for under $15) to verify the data's there. If it is, then you need to try the install again, but shine a flashlight in the phone slot and make sure you know where to line up the micro SD card; it's a precision fit and missing by a hair is no good. I was surprised that the slot wouldn't force the right fit, but apparently, it didn't.