Need root confirmation!

Corradokid05

Reaction score
Its the first option item from menu -> settings -> device-profiles

Prime- Thanks for the screen shots... definitely helps. However I am still not seeing it on mine. Looking closer, at the top of the screen your app seems to be called "WiFi Tether" where mine is named "Wireless Tether" at the top. Are you running the same 3.1 beta 6 version thats in the link you provided? Maybe its one of the earlier beta versions that had these options... ?

Mine seems to have the same options listed... except the first 2 are missing. (Change Device - Profile & Change Setup - Method)
The first setting option that is listed on mine is Enable WiFi-Encription.

Thoughts?

Thanks again! dancedroid

Last edited:

Corradokid05

Reaction score
Prime - I just checked my version... somehow I ended up with 2.0.7 installed. Ill try to remove the app and reinstall and let you know...

Corradokid05

Reaction score
No problem.
Prime - Thanks again. Got it now. However, as others have posted in other threads... I still cant get wifi off of the tether. The App runs, my computer connects to it, but no wifi signal behind the connection. Did u have success on a bionic with this version of the app?

I think its cause the verizon hotspot / usb option is still popping up when wifi tether runs. It asks if I want to buy and connect.

Last edited:

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime - Thanks again. Got it now. However, as others have posted in other threads... I still cant get wifi off of the tether. The App runs, my computer connects to it, but no wifi signal behind the connection. Did u have success on a bionic with this version of the app?

I think its cause the verizon hotspot / usb option is still popping up when wifi tether runs. It asks if I want to buy and connect.

I forgot about the database edit, see this please: forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1258624