Need rom with no bugs

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by xoluvsdance12, Feb 23, 2011.

1. xoluvsdance12

xoluvsdance12 New Member

I currently have a rooted D1 with UD 3.0 but I cant stand all the bugs it has. Everytime I want to use 3g I have to first turn on and off airplane mode to get it to work. My phone also restarts multiple times a day. Does anyone know any roms with no bugs? I prefer ultimate Droid, but I'm willing to try anything.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. NeverEndingXsin

NeverEndingXsin New Member

Try 3.0.1, wipe data and cache. It works perfectly for me.

As for a rom with no bugs, try petes GBA 12 I believe its almost bug free. But for a complete bug free rom you'd want just a stock rom with root abilities. Because all roms have bugs here and there
  3. mkjellgren

mkjellgren New Member

If you truly want a rom with NO bugs then I would advise you stay away from gingerbread at this point. In my opinion none of the current gb roms are quite ready for prime time. CM7 is still in nightly builds for the d1 which by definition means its not quite ready, Pete's GPA builds are supposedly stable but did not run well for me. Many people seemed to like LGB but with all of the drama surrounding liquid I am wary until things are sorted out. For me, UD3 was by far the fastest and most stable gb release but for some reason still didn't inspire the confidence in the performance of my phone that have with several froyo roms. I found myself constantly checking my phone to make sure there wasn't some catastrophic failure of some sort.

With that said, I would highly recommend actngrezy's project elite 4.2. It's easily the best rom out there for my phone at the moment. Nice clean gb theme, fast and smooth with just enough extras and none of the fluff. PE5.0 (which will be a gingerbread base) is set to be released sometime this week and I'm hoping that fixes many of the little quirks keeping me from running a gb rom as my daily driver. Give that a shot when it drops but until then I can't say enough for PE4.2 and I know many others out there agree.
  4. DroidLvr73

DroidLvr73 New Member

5. thc1967

thc1967 Member

Bugless custom ROMs are doubtful to exist. The people developing these ROMS aren't doing it for their profession. They're doing it because they love it or to learn or for any of a variety of other reasons but it's not their job. Many aren't even professional software developers (yet).

Yep, they put in a lot of hard work and some of the ROMs are downright awesome, but if stability is your #1 concern, go back to stock.
  6. spoooon

spoooon New Member

Give the latest Project Elite a try. I'm happy so far. Won't know for sure until I've lived with it a few days.

7. Stelv

Stelv New Member

If you are looking for a gingerbread rom without bugs then I would say Project Elite 5 or Davros/Pete GB.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

+1 to this. if stable and bug-free is what you're looking for, then RZ is a safe bet. it's crazy fast and rock-solid stable, and has a unique install format (.tar format) that is only installable using his recovery (RZRecovery) If for no other reason than trying his ROM, it's worth a shot to flash his recovery. imo (and in most others who have tried it) it's absolutely unbeatable.

since you say you prefer UD... i'm guessing you like options, so i'd give the latest stable CM6 a try. lots of options and themes, fast, and is very stable. if you're looking for just crazy, nasty speed, try PE 4.2. it's the fastest froyo ROM out there.

in the realm of GB roms... cm7 has a slight edge over ud3.0.1 **IMO** but I have heard great things so far about PE5. I am going to be flashing it today (currently running cm7 latest nightly) and i'm sure it'll live up to PE's stellar rep.
  9. Newps

Newps Member

I've tried 5 different GB roms. They all suck and even if they worked as designed they're not faster than the good Froyo roms. These Froyo roms have zero bugs for me: Charity and Sourcery(my favorite).
  10. sfam198

sfam198 New Member

I've been ROMing (is that a word?) for a long time on my Droid 1, but I've recently gone back to stock 2.2.1 and rooted. While all the ROMs I've tried have been AWESOME, most of them just had little bugs here and there that interfered with things that I need to every day. I need the relative stability that the stock ROM provides. Don't get me wrong, all ROMS, the stock one included, have bugs but at least most of the bugs in the stock ROM are easily fixed. With a custom ROM a lot of the time it's basically just "Oh yeah, that doesn't work."

The stock ROM, rooted, does 99% of the things I'd like to do on my phone. Sure I'd like some of the custom features of the various ROMs out there, but to me the stability of the stock ROM far outweighs those features.
  11. moset

moset Member

12. fictionwerks

fictionwerks New Member

I have been using the cm7 nightly and it is running pretty well. It has it quirks. But its gingerbread. You could also try chevyno1's SS 5.0. Its also gingerbread, its stable and has little issues. But for overall stability Raidzero v0.4 is very stable and fast. It also has the data throttling removed from the services.jar for all your tethering needs.

My droid has been flashed more then a pervert at Mardi Gras.
    D1 rooted
    Rz v0.4
    Rz kernel oc to 1.1ghz
    Rz recovery
  13. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Title: Need ROM with no bugs.

Answer: :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

OK it's not helpful but there is no such thing.
  14. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

+1 ^^^ lol
  15. comk4ver

comk4ver Member

Yea that's the risk we all run with roms no such thing as no bugs even cm 6.1.2 has bugs namely for me no official twitter app for it. Not cyanogen's fault by the way...

Search tags for this page
best android rom without bugs

best rom without bugs

costum rom without bug
custom rom android without bugs

custom rom without bugs

custon rom without bugs

no bugs custom rom
rom for htc rezound without bug
rom no bugs
roms with no bugs