1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need ROM for my droid with saphire 1.0 for wi-fi tether

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by shiznic, Aug 19, 2010.

1. shiznic

shiznic New Member

I am new to the rooted droid scene. I tried to do the ota update to 2.2 this morning and it failed. verizon and motorola was no help so i took matters into my own hands and downloaded the saphire 1.0 froyo and love it. ccroms.net is the website for Saphire 1.0. anyways.... i guess i need a kernel for the wifi tether abilities to work. anyone know of a good one to use? or any advise on what i am doing wrong. tried using Barnacle tether app in the market. not working. really wanting to do the wifi thing for when i travel with the Xbox. or for my laptop. HELP a newb.dancedroid
  2. Salieri

Salieri New Member

Sapphire will work.

Go to the market and search for "Wireless Tether." Download Wireless Tether for Root Users by Muller Lemons and Buxton.

It is pretty easy to use. I liked barnacle, but I just couldn't get it to work since froyo.

Let me know if you get it to work.
  3. shiznic

shiznic New Member

thanks for the information. it works like a charm now.dancedroid wife will be jealous. her droid is not rooted.
  4. Salieri

Salieri New Member

Great I'm glad it works. The wifi tethering is one of the best part of rooting. Remember to keep an eye on your usage. People say to stick around 5gbs a month even if you have an "unlimited" plan... though personally I've never read about anyone saying they've had a problem with Verizon.

My wife was very much afraid to do it too until she saw how great mine was.

I made her do the whole thing while I sat next to her and walked her through. She felt so empowered.
  5. shiznic

shiznic New Member

i was scared crazy the first time i rooted my phone. this time i just ran with it and look at me know. rooted 2.2 with wireless tether. she will have to see how she likes it and then i will let her do it also if she has time. if she doesnt have the time and she wants me to do it i will more than likely get to do it.

i am a newbie at this really. anymore cool things u wanna pass on to me?
  6. Samiam564

Samiam564 New Member

Also watch the heat too!
  7. Salieri

Salieri New Member

8. shiznic

shiznic New Member

i noticed the wireless tether for root app has a battery temp gauge. but yes i believe in the touch test also. they do good work those saphire peps. read the page top to bottom before installing. i am going to check out the other thread u have listed.