Need ROM for my droid with saphire 1.0 for wi-fi tether

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by shiznic, Aug 19, 2010.

1. shiznic

shiznic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am new to the rooted droid scene. I tried to do the ota update to 2.2 this morning and it failed. verizon and motorola was no help so i took matters into my own hands and downloaded the saphire 1.0 froyo and love it. ccroms.net is the website for Saphire 1.0. anyways.... i guess i need a kernel for the wifi tether abilities to work. anyone know of a good one to use? or any advise on what i am doing wrong. tried using Barnacle tether app in the market. not working. really wanting to do the wifi thing for when i travel with the Xbox. or for my laptop. HELP a newb.dancedroid

2. Salieri

Salieri New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sapphire will work.

Go to the market and search for "Wireless Tether." Download Wireless Tether for Root Users by Muller Lemons and Buxton.

It is pretty easy to use. I liked barnacle, but I just couldn't get it to work since froyo.

Let me know if you get it to work.

3. shiznic

shiznic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks for the information. it works like a charm now.dancedroid wife will be jealous. her droid is not rooted.

4. Salieri

Salieri New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Great I'm glad it works. The wifi tethering is one of the best part of rooting. Remember to keep an eye on your usage. People say to stick around 5gbs a month even if you have an "unlimited" plan... though personally I've never read about anyone saying they've had a problem with Verizon.

My wife was very much afraid to do it too until she saw how great mine was.

I made her do the whole thing while I sat next to her and walked her through. She felt so empowered.

5. shiznic

shiznic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i was scared crazy the first time i rooted my phone. this time i just ran with it and look at me know. rooted 2.2 with wireless tether. she will have to see how she likes it and then i will let her do it also if she has time. if she doesnt have the time and she wants me to do it i will more than likely get to do it.

i am a newbie at this really. anymore cool things u wanna pass on to me?

6. Samiam564

Samiam564 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Also watch the heat too!

7. Salieri

Salieri New Member

Ratings:
    +0
  8. shiznic

shiznic New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i noticed the wireless tether for root app has a battery temp gauge. but yes i believe in the touch test also. they do good work those saphire peps. read the page top to bottom before installing. i am going to check out the other thread u have listed.