Need ringtone help with Tasker

rcm13502

Reaction score
I'm a new Droid user as I upgraded from a Blackberry to a Droid X2 a couple weeks ago. I am on vacation now and my phone is my primary business phone. What I would like to do is have all of my incoming calls in silent mode except a couple of family members who I would like to have the phone ring if they call me.

I understand Tasker is an app where you can set something like this up in. I downloaded it and it looks confusing to use. Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to setup a vacation ringtone profile?

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to do this stock by not setting a ringtone and then setting custom ringtones for the specific contacts. I'm sure Tasker could do this but I bet it's a bit unwieldy. If you want to stick with Tasker, have you read the documentation and looked at and worked with sample profiles? You really need to understand how profiles, contexts, tasks and actions work with each other to make use of Tasker. Memorizing steps to set up a specific profile won't get you anywhere.

OP
R

rcm13502

Reaction score
That sounds like what I want to do but I can't see where I can select no ringtone for my contacts.

pcpimp

Reaction score
That sounds like what I want to do but I can't see where I can select no ringtone for my contacts.

Did you ever get this figured out? For some reason my ringtones will not work for contacts on my rom. I have wiped and reflashed and still nothing so I thought I would give it a try with tasker :)