Need performance help

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by nwwolf1, May 17, 2011.

1. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Running deprimed 900-250 on cm7.03 and I'm at 50% battery after five hours with little to no use. Can someone help me?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

2. AirForceAngler

AirForceAngler Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From everything I've read here, the best advice is to try another kernel. It seems that it is touch and go with the Droids and kernels. Some work better with others. I had fairly good luck with that kernel but just today I loaded ChevyNo1's 1.0Mgz ULV kernel and am trying that. Not too bad so far with the batter but it is a lot faster than the deprimed 900-250.

3. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Are other kernels in this forum? I can't seem to find them.

4. Zepius

Zepius Member

Ratings:
    +0
    there are several kernels.

check in the following sub forums for custom roms:
    ChevyNo1 - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/chevyno1/135532-kernels-3-24-11-froyo-gingerbread.html
    Project Elite (CorCor makes some kernels) - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-elite/147227-project-elite-kernels.html
    Bugless (pete makes kernels) - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/bugless/143863-kernels-version-0-2-a.html
    Raidzero - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/raidzero/124467-kernels-low-voltage-2-6-32-9-a.html
    of course prime's kernels in this one.

5. turficus

turficus New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the same issue a couple times and it ended up showing that mediaserver was constantly running. This was due to a corrupt video file in my dcim folder of the sdcard. It happened for me when I was making a recording and the app force closed. Probably a different issue but I figure I'd mention it since it took me awhile to figure it out!

6. nwwolf1

nwwolf1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What's the difference between low, Med, and ulow?

7. litso

litso Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty self explanatory on the voltages. To make the CPU run at a certain clock speed, you apply a particular amount of voltage. You can make it run at that clock speed at a lower voltage, but it is less stable. The benefit is that your CPU can run at a higher speed while using less power and generating less heat. Some people's phones can run just fine with the ULV kernels, others can't. I recommend starting with a LV kernel and see how your phone runs.

8. litso

litso Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Pretty self explanatory on the voltages. To make the CPU run at a certain clock speed, you apply a particular amount of voltage. You can make it run at that clock speed at a lower voltage, but it is less stable. The benefit is that your CPU can run at a higher speed while using less power and generating less heat. Some people's phones can run just fine with the ULV kernels, others can't. I recommend starting with a LV kernel and see how your phone runs. If you can run a LV/ULV kernel without any issues its better overall for your phone. It should extend the life of your CPU, and increase your battery life. If you experience bad lag, random reboots, or other inexplicable problems with your phone try switching to a higher voltage kernel.