Need original settings.apk, I think, thats why im here.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by fixerjoe, Aug 2, 2011.

1. fixerjoe

fixerjoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, Im new to the board.
    Iv done my usual google searching and am getting frustrated, so I need to appeal to someone with more experience.
    The deal is I uninstalled the settings app and need to get it back. So I figued ok someone will have linked it for download and then I install it.
    Not so easy I can't seem to find one that works, the few I got wont install.
    So I think i must be missing something. maybe you guys can help.
    Am I looking at this the right way? can I simply install an apk and have the settings back? by the way I found out through this issue that I lost my titanium backup that would have corrected this. So I have a new backup and was also wondering if this might be the time to try some alternate roms. But fist I have to ask, do they come with their own setting.apks?

I have a droid a855 2.2.2 let me know if any other info is needed.

-Jo

2. fixerjoe

fixerjoe New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Update

Just wanted to include some info. I did start to experiment with custom roms, and it has remidied my issue. I still need settings.apk (2.2.2) if anyone can get it for me. But I think I will be using custom roms from here out, so no rush. If anyone wants to point me to a place that has reviews for droid 1 roms, that would be helpful.
    Thanks all.
    -Josiah

Search tags for this page
android 2.2 settings apk
android 2.2 settings.apk
android settings apk gone
htc settings.apk
original setting apk
original settings.apk
setting apk android 2.2
setting apk missing

settings.apk