Need opinions on whether or not to buy case or screen protector

JOSHSKORN

Reaction score
I had another thought. They do have sleeves available, too. I was looking into those. as well. Again, my whole problem is that I'm slightly more brutal on my phone than the average bear. It does get thrown around a little bit, and it's also difficult to find in my pouch when stuffed with other things, considering it's so thin. That said, just pull it out of the sleeve and it fits in any vehicle docking station or whatever docking station you want. I'll still try the InvisibleShield though. It takes 12-24 hours of setting time, so it might be a couple of days before I get a review of it.

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
JOSHSKORN said:
What did you do with the two stickers?

Stuck mine to the box....

QUOTE="JOSHSKORN"]
So the question now is, do we need them or not? What is the benefit of keeping them or throwing them away?[/QUOTE]

Sentimental ( hoping Android could fix that word) value?

----posted MAXXED OUT WITH dessert----

Last edited:

My91sho

Reaction score
I use a body glove case. Not too thick or sticky. If you don't want a case though, just get an invisible shield...if it can protect a 30 million dollar rotary aircraft, should do just fine with a RAZR Maxx

Caesars

Reaction score
I have the defender now but, I am currently shopping for another case. The defender, as far as protection is awesome, however it takes the slim/sleek design and makes it look to bulky! I've had more than a few comments about the "VCR" on my hip. I'm headed over to ebay now to find an in-pocket replacement. Good Luck!

I have the defender and the diztronic tpu, I keep swapping them because I can't decide what works best for a daily basis lol. Anyway, the tpu is an awesome thinner case :)

Rangerhgm

Reaction score
I have the defender and the diztronic tpu, I keep swapping them because I can't decide what works best for a daily basis lol. Anyway, the tpu is an awesome thinner case :)

Does the Diz TPU have the protruding Power, Vol up/down button covers like the otterbox or are there just cut outs in the case for the buttons?

CaptainSS

Gold Member
Reaction score
To the Op. I believe it is a matter of respect to your Parents, yourself and your posessions to take care of what does not come easily.
Your crisis of measure is slightly unrealistic (I hope) dragging it across gravel etc. perhaps just a phrase.
The OtterBox Commuter is relatively inexpensive (Amazon approx. $22) it will protect the phone while maintaining approximately the same size and shape. It comes with a screen protector and it works well with no degradation of functionality.
An added bonus is the Commuter actually makes the buttons easier to actuate.
So, you will get a fair share of those who will tell you "Case, screen protector - don't bother". They however did not buy you the phone and I frankly doubt they will offer to replace your phone after the self-admitted inevitable "Drop".
Case - Yes
Screen cover- Yes
Piece of mind - Priceless

jtc303

Reaction score
To the Op. I believe it is a matter of respect to your Parents, yourself and your posessions to take care of what does not come easily.
Your crisis of measure is slightly unrealistic (I hope) dragging it across gravel etc. perhaps just a phrase.
The OtterBox Commuter is relatively inexpensive (Amazon approx. $22) it will protect the phone while maintaining approximately the same size and shape. It comes with a screen protector and it works well with no degradation of functionality.
An added bonus is the Commuter actually makes the buttons easier to actuate.
So, you will get a fair share of those who will tell you "Case, screen protector - don't bother". They however did not buy you the phone and I frankly doubt they will offer to replace your phone after the self-admitted inevitable "Drop".
Case - Yes
Screen cover- Yes
Piece of mind - Priceless

HOW DARE YOU! :p

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Caesars said:

I'm leaning toward the clear coat only because I like the design of the phone. The kevlar back has a clean design and the phone itself is nice to look at without the extra-colors...The local mall here has a kiosk where they apply it to your phone while you wait. I'm really leaning towards this option.

hynderson

Reaction score
Say all you guys want about the "Quality of the Gorilla glass" for not scratching and all. I thought this too until I got a deep centimeter long scratch in it and having no idea to explain how it got there. Screen protectors suck compare to naked but scratches are much much worse.

LyndaM

Reaction score
Say all you guys want about the "Quality of the Gorilla glass" for not scratching and all. I thought this too until I got a deep centimeter long scratch in it and having no idea to explain how it got there. Screen protectors suck compare to naked but scratches are much much worse.
I loved the look of my phone without the case. I thought I did not need a screen protector because of the gorilla glass. I dropped my phone about 4 feet on my driveway. I ended up with a scratch across the entire width of the screen. It looks like it hit something and chipped something on the surface and then went right across the second layer.
Live and Learn:frown:

Caesars

Reaction score
I use the zagg personally, i think 94 uses a military shield or something? I know people don't like the grip of the zagg (even though i can't even tell it's on), i think 94s option is smooth. Basically you can get screen protection and never know that it's actually on. People can defend gorilla glass till death, the bottom line is...it scratches, and in most cases it scratches easily.

Googorola MAXX