Need opinions on the Bionic

Stewinashoe

Reaction score
So i'm eligible for an upgrade. Have been for a while actually. I'm still using my old OG Droid. I really want the Galaxy Nexus, but I'm pretty broke. So I saw I can upgrade to a refurb Bionic for only $29.99. Think I should go for it or will I be disappointed? Also, any word on the Bionic getting ICS?

Tonik

Reaction score
Bionic is on the list to get ICS. There is no date and you won't see one from Moto until they just as they release it. I am very happy with my phone now, it is the phone I wanted. It took them a few months to get it ironed out but it is rock solid for me now. I have no regrets.

t35rk

Reaction score
Get what you really want. Do this by holding onto the OG a while longer, saving your change and let the price of the Nexus come down. You won't be disappointed.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

pbickel

Reaction score
I would go for Bionic over nexus. The Bionic will be getting ics plus the nexus doesn't have hdmi or able to take memory cards plus 30 is a great price I bought my Bionic for 200

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

multanii

Reaction score
As long as your Droid is working fine I would wait for something better. The bionic still does not have the bugs worked out 5 months after release.
Of course you can always root.

Purplfreak

Reaction score
I paid $350 new in Sept and $159 for a refurb at Christmas (for my hubs). Hope you like it! $29 is a STELLER deal! That being said...most do have issues, but nothing a little patience and eventually an update wont fix. Good luck! :) ps...your guess is as good as ours on ICS. ;)

OP
S

Stewinashoe

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I received it today, and I'm loving it so far. I made it a whole hour without rooting it! lol.

sfcascooter

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies! I received it today, and I'm loving it so far. I made it a whole hour without rooting it! lol.

I love mine also. I got one on launch day...strayed for awhile with a Droid Incredible 2 and a Rezound -- and came back on New Year's Eve when Costco had it for $149 with the bundle (extra std. batt, battery charger, standard dock, car charger (2) and car dock). I had my $25 extended battery from the first time around -- so I am able to run forever. Love the GPS and Bluetooth smoothness that the HTC products lacked. Haven't rooted or applied the .901 leaked OTA yet -- willing to wait for an OTA. $29 is a steal!! Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.:icon_ banana:

B

bens42608

+1 on loving my Bionic. No buyers remorse and no other phone out right now thay id rather have

cjsmoove

Reaction score
You made a good choice bro....you couldn't go wrong with any of the 4g phones on Verizon.

sargentmajord

Silver Member
Reaction score
Bionic is an awesome phone you chose right I am surprised this many people like it cuz is it me or wasn't there slot of nay Sayers out there? I love mine.