1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Need old rom back

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by superpopmonk, Feb 14, 2011.

1. superpopmonk

superpopmonk New Member

I was using an apex rom on my droid 2 and decided to download another one see how it was. I downloaded a gummy jar rom and since I downloaded I am not as fond of it as the old one. I've tried to reflash the old one(with a backup I made) and it refuses to do so. When I go to the menu (the one you go to that has the clockworkmod when you hold x and power on) it looks like the standard menu that was originally on my phone. Rom manager says that my backups are there and when I go to load them it just continues to reload the rom that is currently on there. Can anyone help me out?

Sent from my DROID2
  2. Laur3nNewm4n

Laur3nNewm4n New Member

My first suggestion would be to re-flash clockworkmod in ROM manager, just to be on the for-sure side that it's there.
  3. superpopmonk

superpopmonk New Member

I've done it but I will make sure... I'm sure it will do the same thing. It just doesn't want to put my backups on there or aknowledge clockwork
    Sent from my DROID2
  4. Droid DOES!!

Droid DOES!! What iDoesn't Theme Developer Premium Member

+1! Then get the D2 Bootstrapper and 86 ROM Manager all together.

DroidForums Junkie!!
  5. superpopmonk

superpopmonk New Member

Which costs money correct? Not my favorite solution... its not so much that its messing up. My phone is actually running far better and faster... its just that I've lost personal touches such as the r2d2 boot animation and changes to my lock/unlock icon. I reflashed clockwork and then went to my backup and tried to boot it or whatever and again it just loaded this gummy jar rom... this is very exasperating

Sent from my DROID2