Need new phone help

Petemeistro75

Reaction score
I need a new phone, I would like something that competes or beats out the iphone, any suggestions?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
I need a new phone, I would like something that competes or beats out the iphone, any suggestions?
Any of the new phones will be better than the best iPhone.

The Rezound or the Nexus are comparable to the Retina Display...the Rezound actually has a better pixel density than any other phone right now. The Rezound has a camera as good as the iPhone's, and has SD expansion. Both phones are dual core and 4G (the best iPhone only has 3G still).

Two other good phones are the Razr and Spectrum. The Razr is thinner and lighter than the iPhone and has better battery life. The Spectrum arguably has the best display of any phone.

Any of these phones would trounce the iPhone 4s in pretty much every way.

OP
P

Petemeistro75

Reaction score
what about the samsung galaxy s2

how does the samsung galaxy compare to the rezound?

Insidious

Reaction score
The Nexus has this: Android 4.0, which is the latest and greatest version of the operating system. It has a 4.65 inch button less super amoled HD display with a contoured design. It also comes equipped with a dual core 1.2ghz processor.
The Rezound: a 4.3 inch 720p super LCD display, Android 2.3 (receiving 4.0 In March), with Sense 3.5. It also has a 1.5ghz dual core processor. Both phones are very beautiful and very powerful. I suggest you go to the store and play with them both. Try to simulate daily tasks like email, web browsing, picture taking, and those sort of things. That will ultimately decide which one you prefer.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

OP
P

Petemeistro75

Reaction score
ok thanks for you help here, also is there a phone or tablet which can now be used as a phone/personal pc? like if I want to use as a laptop or is it too early for this technology now?

JeffDenver

Reaction score
how does the samsung galaxy compare to the rezound?
The Nexus and the Rezound basically have the same specs, with the following exceptions:

The Nexus is a Vanilla Android phone (which is always preferrable) and is one of the few phones with embedded NFC hardware (even most Android phones dont have that, and the iPhone certainly doesnt...the iPhone 5 is unlikely to have it as well). It as an AMOLED display, and if you like AMOLED, it has the best display of any AMOLED phone right now (it is 720p). Because of the way AMOLED works, it has very deep blacks and good contrast. It has a curved glass front which is resistant to fingrprints. The Nexus does not have an SD slot, so whatever model you buy, that is the memory you will be stuck with (and they dont come any larger than 32gig). The Nexus comes with the latest version of the OS (Ice Cream Sandwich) out of the box, though the Rezound will be getting it shortly as well. But being vanilla Android, it will always get new updates first. The Nexus has no hardware buttons for navigation...all it's controls are software only. Whether this is good or bad is largely personal preference. IMO it's bad, but some people like them a lot, and they do look cool. The Nexus has had issues with the radio, and the general consensus is that it's 4G (and wifi maybe) is pretty weak. But these problems are not universal...some Nexus owners claim no problems at all.

The Rezound also has a 720p display but it is Super LCD instead of AMOLED. It's blacks wont be as deep as AMOLED blacks, but it has better color reproduction (some people say AMOLED screens are oversaturated...also AMOLED can be prone to ghosting and burn in). The Rezound has the best pixel density of any display right now, including the iPhone. The Rezound has one of the best cameras you can get on any phone (only the Galaxy S2 and iPhone really compare IMO). The front camera is awesome as well (2MP). It comes with a pair of iBeats earbuds which retail for over $100...they are enough in demand that people are buying them on eBay. It is the thickest and heaviest of the current tier 1 phones, though it is thinner and lighter than my Droid 1 was. The Rezound has the best 4G and GPS I have seen on a cell phone so far. The Rezound is not vanilla android...it has a custom UI skin called "Sense"...some people love Sense, and it does look flashy. I personally dont like any custom skins, but Sense is definitely the best of them. If you dont like it, you can just install a custom launcher over it. I use GoLauncher. It does have an SD slot, and 64-gig cards have been confirmed to work with it, so you could potentially have 80 gigs(!) of storage on it if you wanted.

Both phones have fast dual core CPUs and 1 gig of RAM and both have removable batteries. Processing-wise, they are close to each other. The Nexus is slightly larger (4.65" vs 4.3") which can be good or bad depending on how big you want your phones to be. They are both 720p though, so both have the same resolution.

Last edited:

JeffDenver

Reaction score
ok thanks for you help here, also is there a phone or tablet which can now be used as a phone/personal pc? like if I want to use as a laptop or is it too early for this technology now?
Technology is not there yet IMO. For basic stuff like e-mail and web browsing, yeah, you could use a phone in place of a tablet and maybe a laptop. It really isnt the same though.