need major help

x25064

Reaction score
This is a duplicate of a thread I put in the hacking section but I feel it would get exposure here and I really need someone to help me asap because I am without a phone right now:

Tried loading a rom, wiped and formatted system, accidentally hit reboot device, now its just stuck on the google screen. I rooted using the directions here, but read elsewhere that clockwork mod is only temporary if you download it from rom manager?? I tried launching into clockwork and it says "downloading do not turn off target"

So am I screwed here? If so.. what do I do now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I got clockwork onto my phone using ROM Manager and have had no problems since. Does it actually download when you try relaunching clockwork?

zyork

Reaction score
Ah nvm didn't realize you were loading a from. Thought you were just unlocking boot loader

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

GoBears

Reaction score
If all you did was format the system then your bootloader should be intact and you should be able to restore the stock 4.0.2 images.

OP
x25064

x25064

Reaction score
Thats what I ended up doing. I didn't realize that it would work like that, I just followed the returning to stock thread up to step 8, then flashed clockwork again. What I don't understand is why I bootlooped in the first place. Its not like I did anything to modify the stock rom.

GoBears

Reaction score
You formatted /system then accidently hit reboot. That's what caused your bootloop. Once you format /system you need to flash something there because that's what takes over after the bootloader. That's why it wouldn't go past the google screen.