Need info about sync-ing Outlook 2010 from PC to Droid RAZR Maxx

RJLOMMD

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GALAXY S7 Edge
I'm about ready to get and set up a Droid RAZR Maxx. My "new every two" comes up next week. The one problem I see is the continuing problem with sync-ing Outlook 2010 Calendar, Contacts, Tasks and Notes from my PC to the RAZR. As signature states, I move slowly with new technology. I am still happy sync-ing my Storm and PC using BBerry Desktop Manager --at least my Outlook data is always with me. I want to be able to maintain that level of availability. The fact that it was more difficult 2 years ago is why I backed away from the Droid X and kept the Storm.

But, it seems that there have been improvements. I have been watching forums and have read about many ways to overcome the Google-Microsoft disconnect. It seems that the front runner is still CompanionLink 5.0 and Deja Office. There are other workarounds such as using Google Calendar to sync with Outlook and then with the device. I set up a Google calendar a year ago and after some early problems with duplicates and wierd deletions it works well now. That's fine for the calendar. And, now that I've made certain that the contacts in Outlook are the same as the ones uploaded to Verizon's Back-Up Assistant Plus, there should be no problem with them. But that leaves my all-important Oultook Notes.

I read where one poster had success saving his notes as tasks and another where the notes were converted to contacts. Both claimed success. But all these separate operations would appear to be unecessary if the CompanionLink-Deja Office would work as their site says. I've downloaded the MAXX user guide to become familiar with the device --and I play with my wife's Droid X. The User Guide suggests using MarkSpace's Back Home software to transfer what is on my BBerry to the MAXX, but the MarkSpace seems to be less well received than CompanionLink judging from the posts I've read.

I guess I should add that I will use this device primarily as a phone, calendar, portal to the internet, and note making and keeping device. I would also continue to use Google Maps and some app to read MS Office documents and Adobe .pdfs (I use DataViz now, but many seem to be happy with the onboard Office Suite app). I am looking forward to using an app like Tune-In to get internet radio functionality --primarily to listen to the BBC World Service while driving (as an alternative to NPR). I have NO Facebook or MySpace account, though I do have a Linked-In account.

Hopefully this information will help you understand what I'm looking for and I would very much appreciate your comments and assessments as to how best to go about getting all my Outlook data from my PC onto the MAXX and still keep my blood pressure at a reasonable level.:biggrin:

Thank you

Mikeymaxima14

Reaction score
I have had a Maxx for about a month now....came from the bionic.....my exchange setup at work is horrible.....I believe its called intermedia. Anyway my work email gave me issue after issue on the bionic until I bought Touchdown. Amazing email outlook client but was crushing my horrible bionic battery. Now with the Max the additional speed , memory and a magical battery touchdown is running amazing. The sync between my Calender notes( although I like using the evernote outlook plugin and accessing evernote on the native android app to open up my notes from outlook/PC....the mail is great....contacts is flawless and you can backup and restore all this from inside the touchdown app as an additional free backup fail safe. The app has a free 30 day trial..... I suggest starting there....then I went ahead and bought lifetime use of the pro app at $20 . Obviously its a bit much in the perspective of an app... but when you experience its power and ability to overcome any native sync issues you will be happy you forked up the $20 buckeros.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2