Need Help!

Sobe2022

Reaction score
Ok so I just downloaded the Sapphire 1.0 ROM to my rooted droid expecting everything to go well. I was wrong. After it was done installing (I used ROM Manager) it rebooted my phone. I was expecting to see the "Welcome to Droid" screen but instead it took me to screen that shows just water and some land in the distance. The market place isn't even available. The apps i have are very limited. Can someone please explain to me what went wrong and what I could do to resolve this problem? Before I installed the ROM, I used Titanium Backup to back up all my files. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did you make a backup in clockwork? you can just restore that

OP
S

Sobe2022

Reaction score
Im not sure. All I did was d.l the app titanium backup, backed up all the files then proceeded to install the rom. Not sure if I did that right but that's what I did...

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
well titanium backup will only back up apps and settings. backups in CW will restore the entire state of the phone.

id suggest wiping data/cache, installing a ROM that works or go back to stock, then use TI backup to restore what you can

OP
S

Sobe2022

Reaction score
I would install a new rom but when I try to go into recovery mode, it takes me into clockwork recovery mode instead. Is there anyway to access the normal recovery mode? I can't use rom manager because I don't have a market place.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would install a new rom but when I try to go into recovery mode, it takes me into clockwork recovery mode instead. Is there anyway to access the normal recovery mode? I can't use rom manager because I don't have a market place.

check out DF ROMs in my sig to put them on your SDcard. you need CW to apply roms (can learn how to use it with link 2)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
You can unmount your SD card and via card reader and computer put a new ROM on it and then boot into CW recovery and flash the ROM

OP
S

Sobe2022

Reaction score
Ok thanks guys I will give it a try once I get home from work. But do you guys know why the rom did this to my phone to begin with?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You are missing the gapps. They come seperate in the Sapphire Rom, D/L them from the Sapphire release thread

OP
S

Sobe2022

Reaction score
So you're saying once I d.l these gapps I'll be fine? Can you send me a link to the release thread? I'm new around here. Thanks.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Yup, you are missing the google apps. ONce you download them and install them you will be up and running fine.

Here is the link to sapphire's web page. scroll down just below the link for the rom and you will see the download link for the google apps. Download the file to your computer, mount your droid, put the file (in its zip format) on the root of your sd card (not in any folder), unmount your droid, boot into recovery (yes it will be clockwork mod which is fine), go to install zip from sd card, choose zip, and install. Once the install is done, reboot phone and you should be good to go.

You do not need to wipe data or cache.

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yup, you are missing the google apps. ONce you download them and install them you will be up and running fine.

Here is the link to sapphire's web page. scroll down just below the link for the rom and you will see the download link for the google apps. Download the file to your computer, mount your droid, put the file (in its zip format) on the root of your sd card (not in any folder), unmount your droid, boot into recovery (yes it will be clockwork mod which is fine), go to install zip from sd card, choose zip, and install. Once the install is done, reboot phone and you should be good to go.

You do not need to wipe data or cache.

This is the direct link: sapphire-1.0.0-gapps-update.zip

Think dlwhtrose forgot the link (can't figure out why this is bold, sorry)

OP
S

Sobe2022

Reaction score
wow, thanks a lot guys. I followed the steps above and it worked PERFECTLY. Couldn't of done it without you guys. Again, thanks a lot! dancedroid