Need Help!

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by MotoFreak2772, Apr 23, 2010.

1. MotoFreak2772

MotoFreak2772 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    My screen has been acting weird latley. It would go black if it was not fully open or fully closed. It was annoying but not that big of a deal then today the screen just randomly got dark(as if I set the back light or w.e. all the way down). But after opening and closing it a couple times it brightened back up. After a couple seconds it just went pitch black. I opened and closed it again and I could see it trying to brighten up a couple times but was still really dark. I turned it off and on and it still is way too dark. I can see just barely sometimes after messing with it. So what should I do? Has this happened to anyone? Please help me..

2. xliderider

xliderider Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds like a hardware problem, maybe a loose connection with the ribbon cable that connects your screen and the body of the phone. Take it back to Verizon for another Droid.

3. MotoFreak2772

MotoFreak2772 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Will they give me a brand new one? There is a Verizon store right down the road. I have insurance on the phone, but idk if I have to send it in and wait a week for shipping and what not. I will pay the 35$ fee I just dont want to wait.
    Maybe I can fix this myself?

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    You won't get a brand new one unless it's within the first 30 days. If it's a hardware issue they will send you a factory refurb that will take about 2 business days if you phone it in. They may have one on hand at the Verizon store.

5. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +3
    have you tried? Menu>>>>system settings>>>>sound and display>>>screen timeout? i'm not sure how familiar you are with your droid. sorry if you knew that lol

also there's a great app called screebl that allows your droid to stay on while you're using it and turn off when you're not. good luck:D

6. MotoFreak2772

MotoFreak2772 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Lol it is funny how everyone thinks its something stupid, like idk how to work a phone haha. If it was a screen time out issue it would still get bright sometimes where as my phone didnt get bright at all. Plus it was darker than the lowest brightness setting. I was able to adjust the brightness with the screen black anyways because I memorized where the widget button was on my home screen. Even with that it didnt do anything.
    But anyways I took it to 3 verizon stores and they ended up giving me a new one(or what appeared to be new) at no cost. I lost all my apps and what not but Im glad the screen works haha and it was kind of like christmas all over again.