Need Help

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by Bshaggy6, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Bshaggy6

Bshaggy6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i am currently running firmware 2.0.1 with adamz smoked glass v5.0 rom and i am looking to switch to the ultimate 7.5. when i follow the instructions and it says done installilng and i reboot, i just get the boot animation over and over again. can someone please tell me what i may be doing wrong or if its just the 7.5 rom thanks alot!

2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Are you wiping data and cache? You HAVE to wipe data

3. Bshaggy6

Bshaggy6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    so click reset to factory defaults and then try?

4. christim

christim Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +2
    Within sprecovery you can wipe cache and data. This is where you will want to do this. A factory reset will leave data on the phone. Look for directions in a thread on upgrading then follow those steps. If you get stuck then you can provide the link to the instructions and say you are stuck on step 6...or whatever. Good luck.

5. Bshaggy6

Bshaggy6 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok but when i downloaded the nandroid file and placed it in my nandroid folder as a .zip file, i click choose backup and then restore and it says nandroid exited with status 25

6. stedrocklp

stedrocklp Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is most likely a folder problem. Make sure there are no spaces in the name of the folder you put into the nandroid folder; IE: ultimatedroid7.5 . Also by what you said it sounds like you are just putting the file you downloaded into the nandroid folder which wont work. You have to unzip the file (using winrar or winzip) to a folder you create (blackdroid7.5) and then put that folder directly into the nandroid folder, wipe data and cache and then do an advanced nandroid restore. Make sure you back-up any data you might want to save. Hope this helps and sorry if you already knew this

#6 stedrocklp, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010