Need help

switchx

Reaction score
I just updated to jb ota 3 days ago ago. I thought I would try a different theme I was rooted and had rom tools installed also have safe strap install so I install a new theme and now when I reboot I see the logo then the screen goes black I hear it say droid but that's all it does . Black screen with notification light blinks and light at bottom come on. I tried to use safe strap to install rom but keep getting errors message any help would be great.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
You may be stuck and might have to revert to a soft-brick state and upgrade again. I would first try to boot to the Recovery screen and do a Wipe Cache, see if that fixes it. If not, then in Recovery, do a full system Restore. If that doesn't work, and after you've exhausted all other options and attempts to recover control, there's always this thread (FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update) from CamoMike to fall back on. Note, this thread is certainly risky in that you are essentially soft-bricking the phone on purpose in the process (if it's not already), but then using the method described are able to "un-brick" it and get back on the upgrade path. If you read through the thread, I actually did this with my phone and was 100% successful, so I can attest that it works. Note, I was on the Christmas Eve (Festivus for the rest of us), leak, version 98.72.8, so I haven't tested this method going from the newest OTA version 98.72.16, though my gut says it will work as well.

OP
S

switchx

Reaction score
You may be stuck and might have to revert to a soft-brick state and upgrade again. I would first try to boot to the Recovery screen and do a Wipe Cache, see if that fixes it. If not, then in Recovery, do a full system Restore. If that doesn't work, and after you've exhausted all other options and attempts to recover control, there's always this thread (FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update) from CamoMike to fall back on. Note, this thread is certainly risky in that you are essentially soft-bricking the phone on purpose in the process (if it's not already), but then using the method described are able to "un-brick" it and get back on the upgrade path. If you read through the thread, I actually did this with my phone and was 100% successful, so I can attest that it works. Note, I was on the Christmas Eve (Festivus for the rest of us), leak, version 98.72.8, so I haven't tested this method going from the newest OTA version 98.72.16, though my gut says it will work as well.

I tried this about 10 times and it doesnt work on my phone i dont think it is soft bricked could be wrong do you have anymore sugguestion .
thanks again for any help

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

switchx

Reaction score
ok nevermind i got it. I found a post that was having same problem. I went to safestrap wipe clean,factory reset,delete slot 1 rom,backup slot 1 rom and reinstalled and it worked thanks for the help and maybe this will help someone else and again thanks.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ok nevermind i got it. I found a post that was having same problem. I went to safestrap wipe clean,factory reset,delete slot 1 rom,backup slot 1 rom and reinstalled and it worked thanks for the help and maybe this will help someone else and again thanks.

Excellent! We need to break that down into a step by step for the newbies! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2