Need help

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by switchx, Mar 16, 2013.

1. switchx

switchx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just updated to jb ota 3 days ago ago. I thought I would try a different theme I was rooted and had rom tools installed also have safe strap install so I install a new theme and now when I reboot I see the logo then the screen goes black I hear it say droid but that's all it does . Black screen with notification light blinks and light at bottom come on. I tried to use safe strap to install rom but keep getting errors message any help would be great.

2. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    You may be stuck and might have to revert to a soft-brick state and upgrade again. I would first try to boot to the Recovery screen and do a Wipe Cache, see if that fixes it. If not, then in Recovery, do a full system Restore. If that doesn't work, and after you've exhausted all other options and attempts to recover control, there's always this thread (FIX: Soft Bricked after reverting from Jelly Bean update) from CamoMike to fall back on. Note, this thread is certainly risky in that you are essentially soft-bricking the phone on purpose in the process (if it's not already), but then using the method described are able to "un-brick" it and get back on the upgrade path. If you read through the thread, I actually did this with my phone and was 100% successful, so I can attest that it works. Note, I was on the Christmas Eve (Festivus for the rest of us), leak, version 98.72.8, so I haven't tested this method going from the newest OTA version 98.72.16, though my gut says it will work as well.

3. switchx

switchx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok thanks for the help I will try

4. switchx

switchx New Member

Ratings:
    +0

I tried this about 10 times and it doesnt work on my phone i dont think it is soft bricked could be wrong do you have anymore sugguestion .
    thanks again for any help

#4 switchx, Mar 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2013
  5. switchx

switchx New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ok nevermind i got it. I found a post that was having same problem. I went to safestrap wipe clean,factory reset,delete slot 1 rom,backup slot 1 rom and reinstalled and it worked thanks for the help and maybe this will help someone else and again thanks.

6. FoxKat

FoxKat Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5,290
    Current Phone Model:
    Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
    Excellent! We need to break that down into a step by step for the newbies! Thanks!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2