Need Help

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid 3' started by draco1, Jul 4, 2012.

1. draco1

draco1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello i am a newbie for sure i was given a droid 3 when i received it i was told i could use it as a prepaid phone verizon told me no and was rude said i had to have a contract they want 175 amonth for there contract so i started research rooting and roms i am at a loss everything i read says i can only use this on verison us then i see steel droid site some posts say you can use it on other us service providers says i can.I consider my self able minded to root and rom if i have it right is this possible and where do i start any site that is clear i would appreciate it i have read so many of the forum questions maybe i'm in the wrong forum but to anyone that can help i would be so and thankfull

2. linuxgator

linuxgator Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Start your search here. Guide - Unlock XT862 for T-mobile/ATT - xda-developers
    Also, if you buy a phone off market, you don't need to have a contract with any phone company as far as i know. $175/month is ridiculous, I have no clue where that number came from, but all you really need is a data plan and a voice plan, $30/month for each, tops.