Need help

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Rodimus4180, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Rodimus4180

Rodimus4180 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    So here's the story, installed GPA 16 ( stable) and now all my apps that require root are telling me that I need to root my phone ... I've tried reinstalling twice each time wiping cache 5 times and dalvik 3. Still not showing that I have root after each try. If anyone has any ideas I'm game, just trying to avoid a full wipe if I can.

Sent from my Droid

2. Bretski169

Bretski169 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    try uninstalling the apps, then install them again. My buddy couldnt read root using titanium backup, he uninstalled then installed and it worked.

GPA roms were always kind of iffy with data restore applications. so Idk, but try the above reccomendation.

3. Rodimus4180

Rodimus4180 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I haven't used titanium for foe some time now, but I uninstalled drocap, terminal emulator, rom manager, and root explorer. After reinstalling I tried using rom manager and still get a message stating " super user was not found at /system/bin/su or system/xbin/su". I had this happen with one of the GPA 16 betas, I don't remember Which one and couldn't find a solution even after a few full wipes until the next beta gave me back my su permissions.

Sent from my Droid

4. Rodimus4180

Rodimus4180 Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Did another install and now everything works as it should don't know why the other two times didn't work but but the third time was a charm :)

Sent from my Droid