need help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by readneck2, May 18, 2011.

1. readneck2

readneck2 New Member

i have a R2D2 droid 2 and i want to speed it up over clock and i am not sure what app i need to get and all this about root aand kernals please help
  2. FillTheVoid

FillTheVoid New Member

Alright dude. There is a lot of info you need. My suggestion...spend some time reading through the droid 2 forums. Search is your friend. Be sure to read the tutorials about what root is and overclocking and everything else. The learning curve is steep but fun! Take your time. Learn your device. Welcome to the forums!

Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue
  3. readneck2

readneck2 New Member

thanks

thanks i really just want a app that allows me to overclock without having to root whats funny is i am a electrical field engineer and dont know crap about tweaking my phone
  4. FillTheVoid

FillTheVoid New Member

Alas there is no overclocking without root acess. However if you do root, which is extremely easy with the D2, there are a tone of things you can do to make your device faster without overclocking (which can drian your battery and can overheat your phone if your not careful) my D2 flies and I'm stock 1.0 ghz. Just make sure you do your homework.
    Liberated Droid 2 Epic Blue
  5. Hawaiian Princess

Hawaiian Princess Moderator

welcome to the forum. overclock/underclock can done thru root method, as mentioned. is it ur apps that are slow? have u tried clearing cache to help speed ur phone up a little?

sent from the Hawaiian D2G