need help !

mattydipps

Reaction score
hey i was wondering if theres anyway of taking some unused apps off the menu page that i dont use such as like blockbuster and cityid to kind of clear it up a little bit better i hate keeping unused apps in my phone or atleast out in the open that i can see everyday lol any help would be appreciated .. thanks

ddawn1989

Reaction score
press and hold the app you want to remove..and when you feel it vibrate drag it to the trash can that shows up at the bottom.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums App

ddawn1989

Reaction score
and to get rid of unused apps go into settings- -> Applications--> Manage applications, then select the app you want to delete and uninstall

garbageman

Reaction score
Just know the apps stated are bloatware the Verizon and moto put on the phone. The only way to get rid of these is to root your phone.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

OP
M

mattydipps

Reaction score
Some apps that I guess came with the phone can't be uninstalled when I go into the app manager the uninstall button is shaded and I can't click it

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
M

mattydipps

Reaction score
How hard is it to root the phone? This would clear up a lot of unused space on my phone I hope right?

ddawn1989

Reaction score
yeah i noticed some cant be uninstalled and havent figured out how to do it

Mlog24

Reaction score
U can delete without rooting settins-apps-uninstall

Sent from my Motorola atrix using DroidForums App

garbageman

Reaction score
There are a couple of ways I did the one click root way, but there is also z4 root just do a Google search on both a figure which works best for you.

Sent from my Liberated Droid 2

chaaaad

Reaction score
You can hide unused apps from the app drawer by downloading ADW Launcher. Rooting is extremely easy and you'll be able to delete rather than hide.

OP
M

mattydipps

Reaction score
i just checked out that adw launcher and its a pretty cool app i actually like it alot i think im going to check into the rooting more i tried something like this once with my old phone (cough cough: blackberry) and it didnt work out very well but ill give it a shot and see what happends